Sign in to follow this  

Thinking about painting my Oil Filter Cover

Just a thought, tell me what you think. I can't afford the RR right now.

There's someone that painted a bunch of components with ceramic paints. I ran across it a couple weeks ago when browsing through CRFs in the Garage section. It looked okay, but it's definitely not the same as anodized aluminum.

BLING! BLING! I used the Duplicolor ceramic brake rotor paint. I also did the Krylon anodized paint finish (this was ok but the red did not match that well with the Honda red). Prep is the key, you have to remove all traces of the oil. Lightly sand the parts. The anodze paint was not as hard as the ceramic and scratched easier. Both paints are available at Autozone and come in quite a few colors. I had a broken arm at the time and had tons of free time. BLING! BLING!

The eng caps are holding up well, no chipping, and only slightly less shiny, the brake calipers have some chipping from rocks and the front master cylinder has some flaking at the mating area of the m/c and cap.

I just ordered a new clutch cover from my Honda dealer, and he said it's available in black too. Check and see if they have the filter cover in black...only $45.00.

The RR filter billet cap is only $20 ish, when bought with the filter .