Sign in to follow this  

Quick OEM Valve Question

I'm putting new valves in a 18 hour old 05' CRF250 motor and am replacing them with another pair of OEM. I do not have a micrometer on me to check the previous shim size so I was wondering what you guys would start with as far as shim size goes when installing new oem valves?

1.75mm to 1.85mm.

is this for the intake side? Cause I just checked my valves today after my bike has 2 rides(I reused stock shims with the new valves 👍 ). They are tight.

I just did mine last night (full rebuild on head new valves, springs retainers, clips ect) and the exhaust were at 260 and the intakes used 190's does that seem about right? Im going to recheck it tonight but the 260 seemed big to me. The seats were cut but not sure how much. Is this anything i should be worried about

If your going to go as far as putting new rings on IMO it would be a waste not to just replace the piston...as I said just my opinion

Im in the process of doing mine. I figured i didnt know the last time the piston was changed (used bike) and figured i already had the head off for the valve job so why take a short cut and not replace everything. This way i know everything is new and in spec. Also with my luck if i didnt first ride i would fry a piston or something lol.