Sign in to follow this  

Selling price for '05 230

Hey guys, I have a quick question that I was hoping you could help me with. I have a 2005 crf 230 that I bought new for $3,900. Since then, it has had less than 20 hours of use by my dad and is in really pristine condition. No scratches or anything like that. Only sign that it isn't new is that there is some of the usual corosion around the cylinder. But again, nothing bad.

Anyway, we are trying to sell it now- What do you guys think would be a decent asking price?

Thanks for the help, later! 👍

The market is very soft for used bikes.

if you can hang on to it for a while it may go back up.

i have seen 05 go for as little as $1600 to $1800 if yours is extra nice hopefully you will get around $2,000.00

two years ago i bought an 03 for $2,200.00 and it was a great deal at that price. it was also like new.....original tires.

I reccomend putting it on craigs list....if you have ANY upgrades remove them. "the stocker the better" especially if you have after market bars, baffle removed.

the best money is to keep it and ride it!!!!! and upgrade it and ride it!!! and upgrade some more...and ride it and then upgrade it.......and ride it. Oh crap, never mind....thats what i did with mine....i ran a mental total the other night and almost passed out....$2,200 for bike, $1,200 for USD forks, 400 for fork revalve, 600 for works shock, 580 for new triple clamp and scotts damper, 160 for protapers and bark busters. 80 for skid plate, 250 for plastic.

Passing a KTM 2 stroke on a hill climb PRICELESS!!!!!!!

A few months back I paid $2,700.00 for a brand new/used '07 CRF230F with a full Baja Designs dual sport kit, 12/56 gearing, Kouba link and Trail Tech Endurance computer. Owner bought the bike for his wife, she rode it in the driveway just long enough to wreck it a couple of times (1st/2nd gear fall over) and she didn't want to ride any more. Bike was show-room new.

Every other bike I looked at was over $2,000.00 but in varying states of disrepair.

I'd say a lightly ridden '05 would fetch in the $2,200-$2,500 range.

Soft market is right.👍 I've had our 05 listed for several months now with only a few hits.Thats ok though.I hate to get rid of the bike,just don't use it anymore.

Yup, it's gotta go. Took it for a ride around the yard, it's a blast.

Started 3rd kick. I haven't touched that bike in 2 years. Including the gas. 👍

I paid $1900 for a low hours, & lightly scratched 05 CRF230.

Ask $2200 & negotiate from there.

wow haha, i guess your not going to rocky anymore then.

Maybe on the trials bike! 👍

I hear the owner has been a long time dabbler in trials.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate it!

Why no trials? Doug henry rode a ton. And I think it was Ryan Villipoto? that rode a little when he was injured....