Sign in to follow this  

Going to buy a 08 KX250F

I found a used 2008 KX250F that I am going to buy for $5000. The bike is super clean, looks brand new, and was only riden for about 10 hours at the very max. Never raced. Anyway, im just back into dirtbike after sellin my kx125 3 years ago so what should i look for when buying this bike? What are some easy checks I should do on the bike to make sure its as good as it looks?

Owner is selling because he bought a CRF450R

Also, thoughs on the $5000 price?

The bike is stock except for the suspension was slightly lowered a bit so it handles better

I found a used 2008 KX250F that I am going to buy for $5000. The bike is super clean, looks brand new, and was only riden for about 10 hours at the very max. Never raced. Anyway, im just back into dirtbike after sellin my kx125 3 years ago so what should i look for when buying this bike? What are some easy checks I should do on the bike to make sure its as good as it looks?

Owner is selling because he bought a CRF450R

Also, thoughs on the $5000 price?

The bike is stock except for the suspension was slightly lowered a bit so it handles better

sounds a little high priced. This spring I bought a brand new carry-over 07 kx450f out the door for $5300. When you say slightly lowered, what do you mean. Did he add a lowering link and drop the forks or what?

Im not quiet sure in the suspension but the bike is very clean. He said the suspension was lowered a bit which makes it handle better(sorry but im sort of a newb). AnywY i called like 20 dealerships and every1 was sold out of the 08s

Although i did find a 07kx250f for 4999 out the door but i like tthe 08s

I think the price is a little high. I got my 08 YZ250f for $4500 with a whole bunch of goodies and only 13 hours on it (hour meter). And I think those cost more than KX-F's brand new don't they?

But it's up to you. I'm pretty sure you'll still be happy no matter what you pay. I'd keep looking though

Im not quiet sure in the suspension but the bike is very clean. He said the suspension was lowered a bit which makes it handle better(sorry but im sort of a newb). AnywY i called like 20 dealerships and every1 was sold out of the 08s

yea where your at, bikes are probably running a little higher than up here in ND. 4999 for a 07' is ridiculous. You'd be better off with the 08 for that price. There really isn't any difference in the 08 and the 07 except the black rims. You'll love either one.

I appreciate all the responses. Im in TX so the tax is killer on the bike, thats if im buying new.

I got my 08 for 4300. You should get it for a little less.

I got my 08 for 4300. You should get it for a little less.

Nice. Was it used?

I called like all the shops within like an hou radius from me and they are all sold out basically. Most the shops are sold out of honda crf250s also but the ones that have them are asking $7100 + after everything

Look at the rear linkage on the bottom of your swingarm/shock area. If it says Kouba or Pro Circuit or any lettering it is an aftermarket link. Now that I think about it, Kouba Link does not make/recommend one for the kx250f so yours, if it has a link, is probabably pro circuit.

If not, then it was probably done internally.

Or....and not many know this, a stock 08 kx450f link on a 08kx250f lowers it just the right amount!

4800 seems like a pretty good price. try and get 4500 tho.

Lol I dont think he will. How much better is the bike with that procircuit link vs stock?

I think its a fair deal considering I called every dealership within a 3 hour radius and they dont have any 08s and want $7000+ for the 09

Yeah, dealerships will always want top dollar. It might just be where I live, people sell used 07s for 3000 and now theres alot of 08s for around 4000-4500.

Yeah, dealerships will always want top dollar. It might just be where I live, people sell used 07s for 3000 and now theres alot of 08s for around 4000-4500.

Damn that is def. were you live. Couldnt find not 1 08 in stock anywhere within a 3 hour radius of huoston and dealers were saying there isnt any in TX. The 09s are 7000+ and the honda CRF250Rs are like 6500 OTD 👍

Look at the rear linkage on the bottom of your swingarm/shock area. If it says Kouba or Pro Circuit or any lettering it is an aftermarket link. Now that I think about it, Kouba Link does not make/recommend one for the kx250f so yours, if it has a link, is probabably pro circuit.

If not, then it was probably done internally.

Or....and not many know this, a stock 08 kx450f link on a 08kx250f lowers it just the right amount!

Is this fact or just heresay? I recently bought a new 07 KX450F (same pt# as 08) link for my 08 250f. After measuring them with digital caliper I only get about a 1mm difference in length between the stock 250F link and 450 link. I am going to post a new thread about this whole thing with pics once I measure my friends PC link...

Fact.

I have an 08kx450f stock connecting rod on an 08kx250f, and it works without any rubbing on the spring and swingarm tunnel.

Is this fact or just heresay? I recently bought a new 07 KX450F (same pt# as 08) link for my 08 250f. After measuring them with digital caliper I only get about a 1mm difference in length between the stock 250F link and 450 link. I am going to post a new thread about this whole thing with pics once I measure my friends PC link...

Thanks, I know that ^^, but is it the same as the PC link?