Sign in to follow this  

Gifford Pinchot mini ride report

just rode there last weekend.. we did the 262 to the 261, then up the 261 A where we turned around at Sunrise Peak, then back down south on the 261 past Jumbo to the 1, then out via Council Lakes..

the next day we rode the 270 to the 118 (lots of whoops up there) up to the butte, then down to Wobbely Lake (274 I think??) for a nice refreshing dip, then up Yozoo, and then back down the Blue Lake trail.

Saturday we did roads mostly on the dual sports, but scouted out some new trails near French Butte and did the 275 trail, and the 274 again.

about 220 miles in three days - the third day was about half roads.. but it was a fantastic trip.. although pretty dang hot

here's a few photos

353944169_LWqL6-L.jpg

353743890_whLj4-L.jpg

353744570_HRboj-L.jpg

354570934_a58hQ-L.jpg

354571597_8ZsXk-L.jpg

353744989_PLmCU-L.jpg

353746392_fDBn4-L.jpg

354577222_t9tYm-L.jpg

354579937_VUmxj-L.jpg

353748147_psm4X-L.jpg

354583285_JqZNL-L.jpg

353748338_a952U-L.jpg

353750447_gj4uf-L.jpg

• Like 2

Love this one...

354571597_8ZsXk-L.jpg

Give him some coconuts and he could have stared in Monty Python's Holy Grail.

ahahahah:ride:

ha.. your showing your age.. that was my air bike.. it was a lot lighter then the 300

weeeinniggin-niinnnnggg-nninnng-nninnng

here's a few more photos that some of my friends took

coming down the 261

356213675_RrTQk-L.jpg

this is where it started to get hairy.. riding past Jumbo Peak I believe

356213716_xxXX6-L.jpg

mama!

356213740_uSJ9m-L.jpg

and check out this massive rock in the middle of the switchback on the 294 trail.. Bill and Andy were attempting to ride UP the 294.. they both tried riding up the rock, but ended up pushing/pulling the bikes up, only to find the trail was worse up ahead and turned around.. they have my respect for even trying it.. don't think I would have

DSCF1546.jpg

Awe WOW !! thats some great looking territory to enjoy a day riding, I'm going to half to check this area out. Great pics thanks for sharing.

please take me with you next time:cheers:

Good ride report and pictures.

I Love your signature statement. I had to look it up in my Bible to see if you had changed it at all. Nope, there it is. So now I can tell people that riding is Biblical and it is OK to ride on Sunday's because it is part of keeping the sabath holy. Right?

• Like 1

thanks.. and I realize your probably joshing, but just in case - please don't get the impression being out and enjoying God's creation; while as refreshing and spiritually uplifting as that may be, that it is in any way a substitute for participating with a local body of believers - it's so crucial to our walk - and many scripture passages speak to this. Worshiping God and is his creation is cool, but it is no substitute for participating in an active, devoted church life.

after all.. the things we will see and do in the New Earth, will make these experiences pale by comparison.. but you gotta make sure and get it right here first, before going on to the next awesome trail in the next life

sorry for the mini-sermonette.. just that I hear this type of thing a lot - even from faithful believers

p.s. I like your choice in bikes 👍

I agree with you! and yes I am active and involved in a worship community. I guess that is why I could joke the way I did. After re-reading my previous post I see how someone could think I was serious. Keep up the good work on keeping people on track.