Sign in to follow this  

some please explain!!!

i have an 07 WR250F. I just got an 07 YZF rear fender and front number plate. I plan on removing my headlight and taillight but i dont want it to be perminant. I thought i could just unplug the two lights but now i've been reading and it doesnt seem that simple. Can someone please explain how i can do use the number plate and rear fender but easily be able to put the headlight back on when going to the trails. Also will the number plate bolt right on or will i have to mod it... or remove the speedo and switch....please explain!!!

Thanks.

as far as i no the wr light will come right out it has to be removable some were. It is more than likely a 2 wire light find were it plugs in and pull the wires. As for the mounting it should bolt right in it might take a bit or tweaks but you should be able to get it.

i have an 07 WR250F. I just got an 07 YZF rear fender and front number plate. I plan on removing my headlight and taillight but i dont want it to be perminant. I thought i could just unplug the two lights but now i've been reading and it doesnt seem that simple. Can someone please explain how i can do use the number plate and rear fender but easily be able to put the headlight back on when going to the trails. Also will the number plate bolt right on or will i have to mod it... or remove the speedo and switch....please explain!!!

Thanks.

I did this, check my garage for pics. you don't need to remove the speedo. just the top numberplate mount that goes to the triple clamp

completely remove the headlight, the numberplates bottom mount should go onto your wr's headlight bracket on the bottom clamp.

the poke a hole on each side of the top of your number plate, and use zip ties to connect it to the top headlight mount.

this will allow you to keep your speedo, and just clip your zip ties, pull one screw, plate comes off, headlight goes on. easy.

if you got a YZ rear fender. I hear this doesn't mount up with the alloy frame WR's. so you might need to get creative and make some mounts your self

I rode my bike for over 1000 miles with the light detached. no problems, put it on when I needed to go night riding.

your WR has a dual output stator which means it has an output for the battery and one for the lighting.

your battery on the 07 runs the rear light when your engine is off.

if you run without a headlight, and something goes bad with your charging system, its dual output for a reason and most likely won't affect your battery.

my bike ran fine dumping its current into the reg/rec. Its a 100watt system, you only have a 55watt bulb, its dumping off its power anyways.

btw, your 25watt charging stator can be connected to your 100watt for 130 watt total output so you can run race lighting. its all on baja designs website

ok so last night i took off the headlight... just unplugged it and put on my number plate just like you told me to. looks good and it isnt going anywhere. The YZF fender i got will not go on so i said to the hell with it and just removed the taillight... then i put on a DC Shoe graphics kit (made for the YZF) but its not a bad fit. Thanks for the help!! i really appreciate it. hopefully nothing bad happens now.

ok so last night i took off the headlight... just unplugged it and put on my number plate just like you told me to. looks good and it isnt going anywhere. The YZF fender i got will not go on so i said to the hell with it and just removed the taillight... then i put on a DC Shoe graphics kit (made for the YZF) but its not a bad fit. Thanks for the help!! i really appreciate it. hopefully nothing bad happens now.

can't you just unscrew the light off the bottom of your fender and have a YZ fender?