Sign in to follow this  

Labor Day weekend riding in Kalkaska?

I am thinking about going up to our property in Kalkaska over Labor Day weekend and was thinking about bringing my bike. I have rode some of the MCCCT section before and explored some of the seasonal rodes but always alone. Just wondering if anyone is going up that way to ride or live up there that would like to go riding over the weekend. I will probably be up there friday late afternoon and be there thru the weekend and go home Monday sometime. I like to ride in the mornings or later when its not so hot out.

I am riding a suzuki dr 350 that is plated and I am pretty new at trail riding.

I just realized Labor day is right around the corner so thought i would see if there

👍 I will be in the Wolverine area that weekend and I haven't been to Kalkaska since the Arbor Day enduro in April , I'm wondering if the wife will let me load the bike and disappear for half the day on Sunday.

Well i am going riding this saturday in White Cloud so pending no breakage then I will be bringing my bike up with us. Not sure when I will go riding for sure yet.

I will be at Bear Lake that weekend and taking my street legal XR-400, would be up for some DS rides

a group of us will be up labor day weekend, spread between Waters and some at Higgins Lake. we were thinking Kalakaska, riding out of waters, or the MCCT cross state connector 131 to Roscommon

All right. I am trying to decide if I drive the truck up with the bike or leave the bike at home. My brother in-law is not coming so my riding partner will not be there.

There are some guys that I know that are riding quads around the bull gap area. Not a lot of fun in my opinion.

The question were are you riding from and what time?👍 That is if you would like someone else to come along.

I could use some one to ride with this weekend. I'm plated and have a place between co. rd. 612 and Pickerel Lake.

Well Not 100% sure on plans yet. I think that a couple guys are meeting at my place in Kalkaska and we will take off from there. We are all street plated so we can ride the seasonal roads and mccct sections to the trails. Not sure if we will go north from Kalkaska or south yet. Looks like it may be Sunday morning but that can change.

Motoxer667 What kind of bike do you have and is it plated? Also where are going to be up there?

Hello all I PM'd some of you. I will be staying at the inlaws at Bear Lake. The Kalkaska trail head about 8 miles east of Kalkaska about 1/2 mile east of the trailhead is a gas station on the North side of 72. I do not remember if it is a mobil, BP, or what. We could perhaps meet there and ride either North or South on the Kalkaska trail

PRO

Moto and Ez, xrldtg and I are going to stay at n8sjh's place just south of Kalkaska...we are just going to crash in a tent on his property and then get up early on Sunday to all go ride. Sounds like we might grab the breakfast buffet at Big Boy right on 131 in Kalkaska, then run over and meet Proeasy to have him mop the trails with us for the day (I've ridden with him...don't believe his profile age, he rides like a 20-year old!). What do you guys think about meeting at Big Boy nice and early for some chow, then go ride?

By the way Moto...please do NOT bring along that babe from your avatar...I'll end up wrecking about every 10 feet!! lol...

Don't worry the only way I could get her out there would be if I had a huge bank roll. The Big Boy sounds good. The have them here in Cincy, but they don't have the same food as the ones in Michigan. What time?

Gents:

The gas station near the M-72 parking lot is 11 miles east on 72 from 131 according to Google. Are there trials to ride out of Kalkaska? or do we want to meet after you guys eat at the big boy at this gas station . I plan to drive home sunday I would be willing to meet anytime I am an early riser is between 8-9 ok. I will leave for up Norht Friday morning. Any one up for a Friday/Saturday ride.

Here is the google location for the gas station:

M-72 @44.712876, -84.966182

Okay guys, I just got off the phone with Steve (n8sjh) and talked to Dave (xrldtg) too...how about if we grab breakfast at Big Boy at 8am on Sunday...we'll grab some chow and then head over to meet up with Proeasy at that gas station he mentioned above at 9am sharp! From there, we'll hit the trails!!! Any other suggestions, please speak up now...otherwise let's make this the plan! We're gonna have a blast....

Eric

Woo Hoo finalized plans. Ok sounds good to me. I know my family and I are going to go up Saturday morning after the kid wakes up and eats. Then we will be expecting Eric and Dave in the afternoon.

Anyone else feel like going speak up.

Big Boys is in the south part of town right on US 131

I will need a place to leave my truck and trailer. 50 miles on the pavement is a little much for the YZ. I could leave it at the trailhead and ride back to the gas station if we are not riding out of the trailhead.

Moto...don't worry about a thing. Be at Big Boy at 8am (ready to buy us all breakfast, lol) and we'll figure out a place to park your truck. No biggie if you want to leave your truck there or bring it to the gas station where we'll meet Proeasy (I'm telling you guys...he's gonna kick our butts). If you had a Honda, I'd say that you should just leave the truck at Big Boy and ride with us...but since it's a Yamaha, you're probably right in thinking that you should trailer it right to the trailhead. Hahahaha...see you at Big Boy...8am Sunday. Looking forward to meeting you man!

Eric