Sign in to follow this  

Moto around Paris, France?

Headed to Paris Monday Sept. 8 through Saturday Sept. 13th on our honeymoon. Is there anywhere to check out some local moto stuff?

Thinking about renting a street bike to take the new wife around the city, but I have been there once before and have seen that Parisians drive like nutjobs!

Any advice would be appreciated!

It's a store to find out some moto stuff.

I'm french and travel evry year on US soil for my vacations since ' 89...

My advise :

Forget to rent a motorcycle in Paris, i lived for 10 years and spent evry day 2 hours to go to work and same to come back home. Of course with a motorcycle i would save 80% of my time, but should not alive now. Evry day on the loop (peripherique) one rider dies (you'll understand when you see it). They drive so crazy that you won't believe to be in a peaceful country. And there are some street rules that you don't know and could be highly risky for you & your wife. Car drivers are awful and have no respect for others cars, so imagine for 2 wheels. Go first to see reality and after take your decision. Save your money with 2 wheels renting to book an hotel in center downtown. Enjoy boat bus on the Seyne river there are so many things to see...and walk... Take one day to visit Chateau de Versailles (nice & romantic) (shuttles to go) and read books on french habits a bit different of US.

Avoid also to rent a car, Paris and suburb are not easy, a real nightmare to drive (or a GPS) and to park and extremely costly (gas is twice higher, rent half more expensive, parking twice) and i don't talk about currency rate !

If you plan to visit some others area, i.e cities on french riviera or Alps, it'll be different...Corsica is also my favourite (island in mediterranean sea, you can't imagine how cute it is...)