? about E-bay big bore kits-not Athena

Has anyone had an experience with this one? Looks like the cylinder is plated, not lined but I don't know about the piston. Piston actually looks like the crown has the friction reducing coating on it too. Can't find any info about it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DRZ400-DRZ-KLX400-BIG-BORE-CYLINDER-KIT-SUZUKI-KAW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a552Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem230281078114QQitemZ230281078114

Well, I guess that I will be the first to try it out and report back. I bid low and won at $419.99 plus $22 to ship. I thought the same thing about the CW cylinder and went to the piston website and it looked good. I will agree that KWS knows their shit on the road race bikes. I have ridden two of Kevin's KWS 1000's on the track and they are a handful:eek: I did not know that MT did this much work on the dirt bikes too until I got my DRZ. PS-Kevin's dyno is little optimistic:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pics of the kit. The top rings were already at .015 end gap so I left them alone. Kit went in easy. The kit only comes with an sm base gasket so I cut the rivets out and only used one layer. It does not come with any instructions nor does it list anywhere what the ring end gaps should be. I was going to use .012 but like I said it was already at .015

It wasn't obvious if it was stamped into the cylinder. Unless it is stamped into the two small raised circles on the front side of the cylinder it is not on there. I'm not at home right now so I can't look and see. I don't see why someone would look that close at a bike that is 400cc from the vin number but I don't know what they do over there:ride: