Sign in to follow this  

Poor After Sales Service?

After enquiring with a local dealer who sold Huskies about buying a new bike I received the following reply today. This is from the only husky in the area dealer with population of about 120,000 people. So I think this decision wouldn't have been taken lightly. The first part of the email is the important part as well as a mention of bottom end rebuilds.

Hi Boorune,

Thanks for your enquiry into The new Husky. The first question i will have to ask you is are you dead certin you want a Husky or are you open to suggestions. The only reason i ask this is because we are no longer selling Huskies anymore. This is due to the after sales side of buying a husky. By this i mean there warranty and service procedures and requirements. I will give you an example, We sold and serviced a TE250 Husky, which was all fine untill at 1600 klm's it failed the bottom end. Now at this point it was fine, untill we got into the warranty claim. Now all this happened around October last year and we have only just finished the rebuild now. That is almost twelve months since it failed. The only reason it has taken so long was due to the fact that Husqvarna were trying to use some very minor technicallities to get out of honoring the warranty. After all that they only replaced the worn parts and not all the parts that were required ion the rebuild. Having done this and we rebuilt the engine with what they gave us to do the job. The customer took the bike and after riding it for about four hours, it has failed one of the parts that was not replaced in the rebuild causing more damage again, and now we are having to go through the whole process again. I am not saying this will happen to yours or another Husky, but this is just our experience with Husky warranty as dealers. An interesting point to note is that under Husky service and warranty proceures, you are required to rebuild the bottom end every 30 hours of use.

Now having said this i have an alternative if your interested. We are Aprilia agents and Aprilia make a Enduro styled bike call the RXV. This comes in 450 and 550 configuration and is completely differnet concept to any of the Huskies, KTM's or Yamaha's, etc. It uses a V Twin engine, that produces more power and alot more torque, without reving the guts out of it. This vehicle is also fuel injected which is more responsive and potentially more fuel efficent than a carby bike. Now we have a 550 version here in stock as a Demo model, that you are welcome to come look at and ride as a comparison if you wish. Now for the RXV450, you are looking at $13995 + ORC, which would put it in your price range. It comes with the Aprilia standard 24 month warranty and has fare greater service periods than other bikes in regard to service and warranty requirements. It would just require the service to be done at the required intervals. It also has a list of accessories available for it like bash plates and bark busters, etc

This bike was tested against the Husky TE510 and the KTM 525 and was awarded overall best bike by Cycke Torque magazine, a well renouned and respected magazine. If you are after something a little different to make you stand out amoungst all the ornage and blue bikes this is the bike for you.

I have been crapping on a bit giving you the sell, but in my opinion, this bike is a fare better and more reliable bike than a Husky will ever be and that is the reason for it. I can give you a couple of names of guys who have one of these bikes, if your interested in getting there feed back on them.

You can have a look at the Aprilia website, which is www.aprilia.com.au and that will give you all the specs on the bike. But if you wish to know anymore info or wish to have a look or ride, please don't hessitate to give me a call or even come in and see me. We are open Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5:30 or Saturday morning 9-1pm.

I hope to hear from you i regard to this.

I'd be interested to know other peoples experiances especially those from Australia that deal with the Paul Feeny group and local dealers.

I have been crapping on a bit giving you the sell, but in my opinion, this bike is a fare better and more reliable bike than a Husky will ever be and that is the reason for it. I can give you a couple of names of guys who have one of these bikes, if your interested in getting there feed back on them.

find another dealer, this guy is just trying to sell you something he has not what you need. Everything i have heard about the Aprilia is they are not very reliable and hard to work on / need lots of care. It would also be a huge handful in anything resembling off road from all the reports i have read.

The Aprilia is higher strung and alot more money. I have my new 08 TE 450 and no problems in 6 months, got it for around 8K. I like Aprilia for supermoto, too much for off road.

Hi

I rode with a guy who was on a Aprilia 5.5. It was one sweet bike with 70 plus HP (well thats what I was told).

The down side is high service and whatever problems the bike has.

I would forward that to italy, and let them deal with it. no one should have to put up with that crap. no small wonder he is no longer a husky dealer. :busted::blah:👍:worthy::D

so he doesnt sell husky anymore. you wouldnt expect him to give husky a big wrap would you?

maybe we will start to hear a few more horror stories of husky/ importer tryin to back out of the so called 2 year warranty. most manufacturers have them.

i wonder is it really Husky that are the warranty cop out or is it actually PFG ( the importer)? my bet is on the later, as PFG probably hold the warranty bucket....

in saying that i'll have my husky any day before a RXV & they can jam the warranty where the daylight dont shine..

Look at another dealer. I think the advice you have recieved is biassed. The Paul Feeney Group (expecially Paul himself) would have handled this matter alot better if they were aware of the situation. Also bottom end replacement is at 80hrs(not 30) if you follow the service schedule.

Come on guys, give the dealer a break. Sounds to me like he was just being honest. He tried selling Huskys but it was just too much trouble after the sales. I speak from experience, my 2007 te250 has been in the shop now for 19 weeks with bottom end failure. It can't be easy selling Huskys, at least he tried.

I visited a dealer in Mammoth that sold KTMs. His building also said Husqvarna but when I asked about them he said they had trouble getting bikes from their Reno distributor so they stopped selling them.

I visited a dealer in Mammoth that sold KTMs. His building also said Husqvarna but when I asked about them he said they had trouble getting bikes from their Reno distributor so they stopped selling them.

Well, there's the problem right there. There IS no Reno distributor - there's a dealer - but no distributor. So he's either seriously confused, buying bikes from some hobo on 4th street - or (more likely) full of shite. I vote he's full of it.

We've been around and around on this. In my experience it easier to get parts and service on any Husky or KTM than it is on any Kawasaki, Suzuki or Yamaha. Husqvarna is not an exotic any more than KTM is - but Aprila is a serious, high strung, ticking time bomb exotic.

Find another dealer, talk to them, get to know them and let them get to know you, buy a bike from them and go ride the bloody thing. Christ, its a motorcycle, not a tattoo, if you decide in a year that you don't like it - then go get another one!👍

Well, there's the problem right there. There IS no Reno distributor - there's a dealer - but no distributor. So he's either seriously confused, buying bikes from some hobo on 4th street - or (more likely) full of shite. I vote he's full of it.

We've been around and around on this. In my experience it easier to get parts and service on any Husky or KTM than it is on any Kawasaki, Suzuki or Yamaha. Husqvarna is not an exotic any more than KTM is - but Aprila is a serious, high strung, ticking time bomb exotic.

Find another dealer, talk to them, get to know them and let them get to know you, buy a bike from them and go ride the bloody thing. Christ, its a motorcycle, not a tattoo, if you decide in a year that you don't like it - then go get another one!👍

This was just the guy on the floor. I knew there was only one distributor (Cagiva in NJ) and figured he was just selling the bikes for the Reno dealer but it was hard to tell exactly what the story was, other than they were trying to sell a brand that wasn't widely distributed. He never showed up as an official dealer but DID show up when I googled Husky. Coming back home I noticed the KTM dealer in Mojave had closed the shop on the highway. Don't know if they just moved or what.