Sign in to follow this  

2002 YZ250F Triple clamps fit WR250F?

hello gents :busted:

Im looking at a set of triple clamps here on the tt classifieds, they are for a 2002 yz250f, I have a 01 wr250f

I actually have a couple questions 👍

1. will they fit my bike?

2. What exactly do they do? is it a good set?

https://thumpertalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=40032&cat=32

3. do I need any special tools to change out the triple clamps?

4. If anyone buys those because I posted it here I will be pissed

5. thanks for any help :worthy:

They should fit. If you are just getting the clamps you will need to find a way to remove the stem from your current lower clamp and press it into the other lower clamp. You may also need to fab a small bracket or something to mount your headlight to a YZ clamp, but I'm not sure how the stock headlight mounts on the WRs anyway.

They should fit. If you are just getting the clamps you will need to find a way to remove the stem from your current lower clamp and press it into the other lower clamp. You may also need to fab a small bracket or something to mount your headlight to a YZ clamp, but I'm not sure how the stock headlight mounts on the WRs anyway.

I bet this is just the top clamp. That is what most people replace. It should fit but the headlight and OD mounting point probably won't be the same. On my 02 WR250f the top two headlight mounts are just little plates that go under the bolts. My Universal triple clamp has a mounting point for the OD.

Get some pictures and you should be able to see...

so wait, I need the bottom piece, the steering stem has to come out.

Yeah, the bottom clamp comes off with the stem pressed into it. Might as well replace the bearings while you're in there:thumbsup: .

I couldn't tell ya.👍 I've only ever had the top clamp off, not the bottom one. But it's the same for most bikes I think, ask around, somebody will know.