Sign in to follow this  

CR125 advice from Norman???

Norman, your mailbox is full!!!!!

Hi Norman. Do you have any first hand knowledge about the used 125 Huskys at Fred's in Syracuse? My son is looking for a 125 for woods and some track play riding. Thanks for any wisdom on the 125s, I consider you the source for 2t Husky trivia! Cheers, Jim.

PS, good guy on the fender find, great community of riders on Huskys, a KTM rider would have stashed it as a spare!

Jim,

I thought the CR125's(an '01 and '04?)at Fred's are new leftovers. I've never dealt with Fred, even though he is only an hour away(and not many others, as he has leftover Huskys going back to '95). I drive 2.5 hours to deal with Bottones. A Husky CR125 is the best 125 for MX track/trail and WR125 is the best for woods only. The motor will last much longer than a Jap 125. Fred was asking $3995 for every leftover he had a year ago. Just remember..... even at that price or lower, it will be a $1500 bike the second it goes out the door. Don't let Fred talk you into a Cannondale.... last guy I knew of who went there to buy a Husky SMR, bought one and it blew up his first ride! Also the '99 TE410 is used, not new.

Norman

JIm,

I bought a Cr125 for my Son last year...If you are close by you can take it for a spin and see if he'd like it

No Cannondales in his immediate future,,,light, strong & cheap are on the shopping list. Those used 125s are priced pretty high IMO, he claims they look new with one ride on em but like ya said, out the door they are 1500 bikes on a good day with the right buyer.

I'll drop you a PM about the test ride, thanks for the offer.