Sign in to follow this  

07 KLX 300 Vs 09 KLX 250S

Hello All....

What to do?

I am trying to decide between the 2 models (brand new), I was set on the 300 until I started reading about the new 250. Is the 250 new and improved off the 300 platform? I would hate to buy a similar bike that has already been approved on. As for my riding it is spirited and it is offroad. The 300 is a good fit size wise. Also would the 250 be Ok for 95% off road use? From what I have read the 300 is kind of a dog. I can add a pipe and carb at a later time. All comments appreciated, I am getting ready to purchase soon.

Thanks,

For power I'd think the 300 would be the call. Weight? The 300 is a lot lighter than the S. For spirited??? You might want to check out a WR250F. The suspension and handling is better than either the S or the 300. Don't get me wrong, the 300 is a great bike for ORoad. The 250 is focused towards both, but with a nod for street use. I'm sure many will disagree with me though.......

If you can live without the electric leg, go for the 300.

If you want the electric leg then get a 250.

It will be easier to get the 250 to go like a 300 than it would be to add the lecky start to a 300. IMO

You can also fix the CC problem with a 331 kit that is available from some vendors.

Dennis

I had to make the same decision, between a brand new '06 and getting the '09. IMO, the '09 was the bike to go with because of what they tweaked (changed up the transmission, stiffened the suspension and slightly lowered travel, digital instrumentation, among other things) though I do plan to ride it more like a dual sport (50/50 on and off). I would do your research on the specs of each bike and see what Kawi changed for the '09 and if it is things you want, then go for the newer tech bike.

Im kinda leaning towards the 09 KLX, all the reviews have been very positive for this bike, even if I am going to be primarily off road.

Decisions? Decisions?