Sign in to follow this  

clutch basket recomendations

hi i need recommendations for a clutch basket for a 01 cr250 the old one is was so badly notched that i had to remove a lot of material filling the the grooves out that after one ride it's beginning to notch again. the bike belongs to a friend of mine and doesn't get ridden very often or very hard so a super expensive one is not necessary but i want to put some thing in there that will last and is durable does any one have experenece with the msr basket with the steel inserts

I have the Barnett with inserts in 2 crf450's, 2 crf250's and my 01 cr250. They have held up great except one in a crf250. I sent the basket back to Barnett and they replaced the inserts and shipped it back at no charge. There is a company called Monkey Butt Racing that I have bought all of the baskets from and they were around 209 shipped.

how is the feel i'm considering putting one in my bike over the winter as well, I'd like to catch it before it groves up real bad as there is already light grooving

The Barnett feels great it is smooth and now they have a pressure plate with a stainless face that wont wear out.. I will be getting one for a 250f to try it out. My kid is very hard on the 250f clutches.