Sign in to follow this  

07 TC450 info

I am in the market for a new woods bike and have come across a few really good deals on 07 TC450s. I am concerned though that the TC may be a little too big of a brute in the nasty stuff I am often faced with in Missouri races. I currently race a KTM 450exc. I have been riding racing for several years in the A class, so I know how to handle a bike, but I don't want to get tired out by a bike that has better manners on the moto track than in the woods. I love fast bikes as much as anybody, but my body doesn't hang onto them very well after 2 hours, so a smooth powerband is pretty important to me. I also don't really have a big need for headlights, etc, so that aspect of a TE is not too important. I mostly do hare scrambles.

How does the suspension compare to KTMs. Hopefully better, as I am not exactly the biggest fan of the orange bikes suspension.

Also it should be noted both bikes I am looking at have the kick starter and electric starters. I am not sure if this was an option in 07or not.

What do you guys think, smart move or not? I don't have any experience with Husky so I am hoping you guys can give me some good insight.

Thanks for anything you got!!!!!

throw a flywheel weight on it and have fun. you will love the ease of working and servicing on the bike, reliable like a rock. as long as you do regular maint. lots of testimonials on here. 👍:worthy::busted:

Dude, you need a 2008 TXC. Same MX frame & engine as the TC, but with the TE gearbox & e-start. Looks just like the TC, but is lighting capable if you ever decide you need a light.

I have been reading through some of the previous posts and it seems that the TC is a bit too harsh both in terms of power and suspension for the woods. Are the suspension specs quite a bit different from the TE?

I don't know about the TC, or TXC suspension, but the TE is a pretty firm setup. I do know this. If I can pull it off without my wife going ballistic, I'm selling my 2007 TE-450 & buying a 2009 TXC-450.

Yes, the TC suspension is quite different from the TE. However, it needs revalving no matter what sort of riding you do, so get it valved for woods riding.

The power is not unmanageable, but there is lots of it. Its nice and smooth, but its always there, right from idle to ''omigod' fast.

The only thing that might really put you off is the 5-speed, close(ish) ratio transmission. While I've had no issues with mine while trail riding, 1st gear is rather tall on stock gearing.

Apart from that, easy to ride, can be set up nice and soft and is only ever as exciting as you make it to ride.

TXC! TXC!-HUH!, JUST LIKE ME!, JUST LIKE ME!-HUH!, TXC! TXC!, -HUH!

Come on! Everybody!!!

Not a rant, but a chant.

I dunno 'bout you but if I can unload this TE, I'll be sitting on a new TXC in a couple of months.