Sign in to follow this  

Boring and replating vs a complete kit

Hi there - I've got an '07E model, 7500 miles, FCR carb, (standard), 3x3 airbox mod, powerbomb header and "gutted" exhaust. I'm looking at going the 440 route, but being in South Africa, kits with new cylinders are one hell of a price, all of them being imported from the USA. Is there anything "wrong" with having the cylinder bored and replated to 94mm? Is it any less reliable than a new cylinder? What sort of power increase could I expect? Any other advice, what to be aware of etc?

Many thanks,

Mike

The Millenium Tech Kits are just bored and replated stock cylinders and they hold up very well according to those who run them.

Only real benefit of the kit is you get to keep the stock barrel should you want it.

Hey letsgofishing

Who will do this work for you and in waht area are you?

I'm in George - there's a garage that tunes mods Suzuki quads - am talking to the guy about this. Don't know who willl actually be doing the boring replating yet.

And you have some proper E cams as well, I did it the hard way and built my S up $$$ 👍 Let me know if you want more info on the Athena kit (pricing etc.) as I may be able to get it at a good price from Runner. I'm happy with mine just need to sort out the jetting. What needle are you using on the E ?

And you have some proper E cams as well, I did it the hard way and built my S up $$$ 👍 Let me know if you want more info on the Athena kit (pricing etc.) as I may be able to get it at a good price from Runner. I'm happy with mine just need to sort out the jetting. What needle are you using on the E ?

Don't know DD - wiil try to find out.

Any idea of what hp/torque increase I can expect?

You should be getting close to 40 hp. The really nice thing about the 440 is the torque. Even with our 45 sprockets it tractors real well in almost any gear and it feels stronger. Couple of people rode mine today and they were impressed 👍