Sign in to follow this  

Wont shift out of 2nd gear. Gear forks?

Just picked up a 92 dr350 and the bike will only shift from N to 2nd or 2nd to N, once and a while the bike will shift into 1st but when the clutch is pulled in the bike shifts to Neutral. Just replaced clutch about two days ago. Buddies say broken/bent shift forks. Anybody have this problem or know what could be causing the problem?

Thanks!

Just picked up a 92 dr350 and the bike will only shift from N to 2nd or 2nd to N, once and a while the bike will shift into 1st but when the clutch is pulled in the bike shifts to Neutral. Just replaced clutch about two days ago. Buddies say broken/bent shift forks. Anybody have this problem or know what could be causing the problem?

Thanks!

Check the easy stuff first. Shifter is not hitting anything that would limit travel right? Check the shifting pawls/springs, ratchet and detent on the end of the shift drum. If that all checks out it's split the cases time. 👍

check the bolt that holds the ratchet shifting unit in the clutch side of the case. Also make sure the shift drum stopper is not bent. I just went thru mine when the shoulder bolt fell completely out and the shift drum stopper bent. Now it shifts better than when I got the bike.