Sign in to follow this  

cant get my inner fork cap off ?

I want to change my pressure springs ang i cant get the inner cap off the fork.I have the tool to hold the top outer.when i tried to loosen the cap it basically stripped the inner part.just wondering if theirs a easy way to get the inner cap out.Its the piece that slides in the middle of the fork with the spring and is about 5-6 inches long.please help i really need to get it out asap.also what are people using to get hold the inner cap so it comes loose.I tried using a 19mm wrench and a 26 mm socket.no luck

the actuall inner cap thats kinda triangler is stripped and i can't get it out.just wondering if any one else has had this problem.

the actuall inner cap thats kinda triangler is stripped and i can't get it out.just wondering if any one else has had this problem.

If the cap keeps spinning then you have it released. Now put the damper in a vise. Be careful and use a soft jaw or rag. Now grab the cap top with one hand and then push the dampner rod up in the stroke and pull on the cap. Hold the cap tight and them pull the dampner rod down and repeat. This will push the cap out. Once the pressure is released it will pull right out.

theDogger