Sign in to follow this  

'01 RM 250 Pro Circuit Race Bike - Value????

Hey man would you be interested in selling the silencer? But that bike has to be worth a lot. The only tough part would be finding some one who would apriciate and under stand the value of everything on that bike and realize you cant buy that stuff off the shelf or out of a magazine.

those forks are definetaly works. ebay you could esaly get 2500 maybe 2600 like i said you just have to find someone who apriciates the trick factory parts on it..... so would you sell the silencer to me? lol

You really, really, most definitaly, for sure, no doubt about it should part it out and sell the one off stuff and replace it with stock if possible.

Pro Circuit sold a "works" kit for the older KYB forks. That looks like what is on this bike. Works "Kitted: stock KYB forks. very nice machine.

If the silencer is a real Pro Circuit works silencer and not somethign from Answer products with a PC sticker, it can be worth quite a bit.

Answer Products made one as did Acerbis. Acerbis called it the C-35. They never really caught on. Occasionally you will see them on ebay.

Yours looks like the real thing! They were not offered for sale from P/C. You had to know someone or have them give you one.

You could probably get a lot for it from these guys... I'm not sure if they only like old bikes, but they've got quite an impressive collection of works bikes and they might want it. Especially if you can find out what rider rode the bike... If it was someone good it could be worth some dough.

http://www.mxworksbike.com/bikes%20a.htm

Alright, thanks a lot guys. I appreciate all your insight!

Do you have any history on the bike?? Because some of those parts were not available to the public, it had to be a named rider that orginally raced it. And at that point it may be worth even more.

Decided to sell the bike, need the money. Listed in TT classifieds section for now, but will head to eBay eventually. Thanks for the comments!

Sorry man, I was at the Indy GP races all weekend and just got back. I will take some pics tomorrow and get them posted right away. Sorry and thanks!