Sign in to follow this  

Forking Question

I just got my shop manual CD in the mail for my 2008 KTM 250 XCF, and in the "Forks" section it lists 2 different models. First is WP 4860 MXMA/PA which appears to be for 2003 and older bikes (I'm guessing). The second is the WP 4860 MXMA CC. The General section shows this to be for 2005-2007 (and presumably 2008) bikes. Within this section, it indicates there is a difference between the SX and SXS Exploded views and parts lists. How do I determine which is the correct model for my particular bike? Is there some marking on the forks that indicates which model they are? This is my first KTM, and I'm not familiar with the particulars.

I just got my shop manual CD in the mail for my 2008 KTM 250 XCF, and in the "Forks" section it lists 2 different models. First is WP 4860 MXMA/PA which appears to be for 2003 and older bikes (I'm guessing). The second is the WP 4860 MXMA CC. The General section shows this to be for 2005-2007 (and presumably 2008) bikes. Within this section, it indicates there is a difference between the SX and SXS Exploded views and parts lists. How do I determine which is the correct model for my particular bike? Is there some marking on the forks that indicates which model they are? This is my first KTM, and I'm not familiar with the particulars.

Per the 2008 owners manual pg 56, you have 4860 MXMA CC forks