Sign in to follow this  

tools and parts needed for complete rebuild

My friends bike as you know ran with no oil for about 5 minutes. He took the bike for a quick ride after putting oil in it then we flushed the oil and in the filter we found some bronze colored chunks. He wants me to do a complete rebuild. What tools do I need besides the basics.

New cam chain

manual tensoiner (not needed but good to have)

je piston

new gaskets

new crank and bearings (hot rods)

need to talk to ron hamp about a new head and his valves (how much)

does this sound good or what

for the timing chain youll need a strap (oil) wrench and a fly wheel puller. Found that out last night and picking it up today on lunch.

For the valves i had a buddy do it for me. I think he said you need a valve compress tool. Also with new valves ive been told to cut the seats. I got all new OEM valve stuff and piston kit from an ebay guy in FL for a bit under 400

Dont know about the crank stuff havent had the fun of that yet knock on wood.

for the timing chain youll need a strap (oil) wrench and a fly wheel puller. Found that out last night and picking it up today on lunch.

For the valves i had a buddy do it for me. I think he said you need a valve compress tool. Also with new valves ive been told to cut the seats. I got all new OEM valve stuff and piston kit from an ebay guy in FL for a bit under 400

Dont know about the crank stuff havent had the fun of that yet knock on wood.

Get the Motion Pro puller. The CRF needs a special model or you will damage the end of the crank.