Sign in to follow this  

08 300 XCW-e

Been lurking for quite some time now and decided to get the first post out of the way. Got mine back in May and have done all the normal upgrades: handguards, skid plate, pipe guard. No rad guards "yet", been lucky. Rode my first hare scramble on the new bike on Sat. and my tail is still sore. EE seat in the future? Had a 98 before and they have come a long way since then. The seat hasn't. This bike is amazing. BTW - I settled with 35p, 162 main, N2ZW clip2. Bike runs pretty clean from 0-4000.

if you are 6' +, go with the EE tall firm. it will still be softer than the stock seat and it won't sink back down to stock level when you sit on it.

I bought the EE tall seat. It was a bit comfier and the added hieght really helps out the pretzeled leg sysndrome. Then I sat on a KTM Hardparts tall gel seat on another guys new 300....

Needless to say I pulled my EE tall seat off the bike and cleaned it spotless and armouralled it. I returned it to the local dealer and got my $129.00 back. I then ordered the KTM Tall Gel seat which was only $89.00.

The KTM gel seat dosent have than big crazy bulge in the back and actually looks stock as the rear portion of the seat lines up to the fender and has that arrow shape. Try the EE but if a KTM hardparts gel is in stock check that out as well.

Try a 38 or a 40 Pilot and see whatcha think.

I dont have a photo of either the EE or KTM seat on my bike but heres what the seat looks like on Jeff's bike. After I saw how well it fit and sat I was SOLD!

slavensbike_06.jpg

6e7b_3.jpg

Heres an 08' with the EE tall seat. It just dosent fit the bike right and looks really odd in person. My concern was that it would be toasted on my first crash. The big hump at the back was horrid as well as all the staples showed and it just wasnt nice enough to be on a new 08-09 KTM with the super clean body styling.

That EE seat has fittament issues on the 08's. The rear of the seat has a big ugly hump and the front portion looks like it was stitched up by a drunk dude in Juarez'. My 07' EE standard soft was a good seat. My 08' tall firm EE was hot garbage.

Is the hardparts gel a new seat? Haven't heard of it before. Due to the short inseam I was dealt a tall won't work. Might need to look for a standard or short?

The KTM Gel seats have been around for a while....Love mine. Fits and appears stock. The bodywork on the 08's is so clean you need a good seat that fits well to keep with that theme. If you look at the EE seat on the bike above it just dosent look right. Its way worse in person and i'm sure the first good crash it would be ripped to sheet.

I paid $89.95 for my KTM gel seat ordered from my local dealer...They are in the KTM hardparts catalog as well.

Maybe the TT store has em'?

I bought the EE tall seat. It was a bit comfier and the added hieght really helps out the pretzeled leg sysndrome. Then I sat on a KTM Hardparts tall gel seat on another guys new 300....

Needless to say I pulled my EE tall seat off the bike and cleaned it spotless and armouralled it. I returned it to the local dealer and got my $129.00 back. I then ordered the KTM Tall Gel seat which was only $89.00.

The KTM gel seat dosent have than big crazy bulge in the back and actually looks stock as the rear portion of the seat lines up to the fender and has that arrow shape. Try the EE but if a KTM hardparts gel is in stock check that out as well.

Try a 38 or a 40 Pilot and see whatcha think.

Good info Chaz..yet another thing my mistress now needs

Chaz - Is the seat cover material the same as stock? Concerns me that I dont have that many hours on the bike and have 2 tears in the cover. Every time I hear "gel seat" I think of the Suzuki gel seat I ordered for my DRZ. Looked like it had tumors. Real lumpy. Sent it back next day. This sounds like better quality.

Chaz - Is the seat cover material the same as stock? Concerns me that I dont have that many hours on the bike and have 2 tears in the cover. Every time I hear "gel seat" I think of the Suzuki gel seat I ordered for my DRZ. Looked like it had tumors. Real lumpy. Sent it back next day. This sounds like better quality.

good question. I really like the tackiness of the SDG seat. the stock seat cover gives no grip. I don't like slidin around so this would be good to know before I plop down some dough.

Its tight and nice...Ummm that sounded wrong.

I cant imagine it being less durable than the EE seat. I honestly cant feel any gel. I like the seat. Then again I loved the EE soft standard on my 525. The problem is that EE didnt do the required homework to fit the seat up with the new bikes. Its funky and with the 2 stroke I much orefer the firm as I seem to move around on the bike more than I did on my 525.....