Hey So Cal 530 Or 450 Exc-r Owners

Looking to pick up either model (leaning toward 530)

so what did you pay O.T.D., how long ago did you buy and any warranty or extras thrown in?

hard to haggle over the phone and would like to avoid driving all over... want to walk in with a bottom line already in mind.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

If I was you I would get a 2009 I been reading the 2008 have there share of major motor issues I taking they fixed them on the 2009's.

I ride a 2006 560 my self I am a firm beliver on more CC's the better for out here in the wide open desert.

And as in cost KTM are just a high buck bike you get what you pay for and you still have to tweck the bike to get it just right for you'er self.

I have a 08 EXC-R 530 and have had all the issues that you might have read about and I must say it was frustrating to say the least, however all is well now! I had the overheating, seal in backwards and the cam issue but they (KTM) fixed it and now I must admit the price tag was worth the hassle. I hear that the problems should be fixed with the 09 model but with a 2k premium to the price tag. I am sure that you read that it won’t run very well until you do a few things (https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464299)but when it’s done you better hold on tight cuz these things are monsters when they are right. Good luck Oh yea 89 OTD

It won’t be your first but it will be you last!

Bought mine (08 530 EXCR) in so.oregon,I have had none of the problems

that others have had. I did the mod on the exhaust end cap,jd jetting kit,

and re-geared to my area. The 530 is a great bike but I find it a little large

and tall for tight techincal trail riding. $8000. OTD

wow, thanks for all the replies guys..

river trip just got cancelled this morning so a extra $600-$800 just fell off the money tree!!

going to chapparral this weekend to kick some tires ...hopefully my next post will includes some pics of a new 530!!!!!

wow, thanks for all the replies guys..

river trip just got cancelled this morning so a extra $600-$800 just fell off the money tree!!

going to chapparral this weekend to kick some tires ...hopefully my next post will includes some pics of a new 530!!!!!

last I went to Chaparral (for an accurate description on the company, remove all 'H's and substitute with and 'r') to get my bike, they were all out of 530's from 08. I wanted a 530, but I settled with the 450. they are great bikes none the less