Sign in to follow this  

Which graph is right!

Hi Eddie.Taking onboard what you said regarding my previous question about my dyno run,i had another run at a different dealer but they also did wide open throttle runs and no part throttle runs!!

Anyway,done at 2 different dealers,about 6 weeks apart,not so much concerned about the hp/torque but the AF ratio.First graph shows a little lean upto 5500RPM,but 2nd dealer run shows it massively lean everywhere.Am i reading it right? I know if a bike is too lean it wont run properly but i dont want to cause any damage due to it being lean anyway.

I thought the best AF ratio was about 13,or red line on the chart(dont know what the tech term is!)Going on the info from the 2nd dealer i have fitted 160/165 main jets to try and richen up a little,or would it have been better to leave it as it was with the standard main jets?Havent had chance to run it yet though,but can anybody suggerst why the 2 dealers show different AF ratios?Both the same dyno machine.

Me personally i would go with the 2nd graph with the rally lean AF mainly because of the opinion that the 950`s come from the factory lean.Dont know if thats true or not but seems to be the general opinion.

I realise you cant commit to giving me help until i get part throttle runs but can you enlighten me a little?Hope you can help.

950SM3rdclip.jpg

950SM4thclip.jpg

I suspect your A/F chart discrepancies has more to do with the probe position in the exhaust. The probes themselves stay pretty accurate unless they become damaged and the first sign of that is a dead steady A/F line.

If the probe is not in the exhaust far enough, it will show lean. I seem to recall 18" or more insertion is ideal.