Sign in to follow this  

Help! I surrender! (Wow! I didn't know I could speak French??)

I need a second person to help me get my wheel back on since replacing the brake pads. It's a very tight squeeze and I think I recall utering "This is stupid!" when I was lifting the back end of this 350 pound bike by myself trying to get the wheel on. I have done this numerous times now but never with new pads. I having been trying to do as much as I can on my own so that I can learn and be a better rider, but I know when I am beat and I am so there. Not a rich guy, but help would be much appreciated 👍

32nd st and Cactus area, please send me a PM or something if you could lend a hand or better yet call 602.404.1520

Thanks,

Aaron

Take the caliper off..mount the wheel first and then put it back on if its a bitch. My KLR is like that..the DRZ no problems.

You can also put a flat blade screwdriver between the pads and twist it carefully. This will push the piston back into the caliper, giving you more room to slide the disk in. Then after you get it on, just pump the brake pedal and youll be good to go!!!👍

You can also put a flat blade screwdriver between the pads and twist it carefully. This will push the piston back into the caliper, giving you more room to slide the disk in. Then after you get it on, just pump the brake pedal and youll be good to go!!!👍

+1 :worthy:

Just got back home so nope not yet... gonna try the suggestions...

If you don't get it give me a ring. I'm close enough to come help.

Carl

602-628-5808

Blade Man called me and suggested I may need to remove the shim. I did and yep right on! Oh well maybe I can put them back on after a little wear. Hey thanks Carl for the offer, would have been nice to get some advice from a pro 👍 ha ha