Sign in to follow this  

Preferred Slip-on?

Just looking for some info on slip-on's and what worked well for you guys? I have a 2005 X with stock pipe, baffle out. Thanks

FMF Powercore4 on my 05' X .... good affordable power !

I noticed a good difference from my stock pipe with baffles cut !

I also threw on the Powerbomb Header !

Result: More Power / Quieter / Lighter /for about $300.00 !

I am also looking for a slip-on that sounds great, not too loud but not too quite, nice and throaty!

White brothers E2!

It's a nice exhaust, but the problem now is getting replacement parts (i.e. spark arrester screens and repack kits) since White Brothers was sold to Vance & Hines. However, I have blown out two spark arrester over the last year using the E2, that never happened during the 3+ years with the Pro Circuit Ti-4 on my ond bike.

It's a nice exhaust, but the problem now is getting replacement parts (i.e. spark arrester screens and repack kits) since White Brothers was sold to Vance & Hines. However, I have blown out two spark arrester over the last year using the E2, that never happened during the 3+ years with the Pro Circuit Ti-4 on my ond bike.

Numerous parts people for different shops have told me that V&H will continue to make replacement parts for the more recent white bros exhaust (E2, XCR, Aluma/Carbon pro, etc). Hopefully they're correct:thumbsup: About the S/A blowing out the more recent ones have a dimple on the mounting flange thats supposed to keep it from rattling loose on you...mine has that dimple. If your's doesn't have the dimple, you can just bend in the top of the flange and it does the same thing.

WBE2.jpg

Its a quality piece and delivers awesome gains while being under 96db. However as you can see it sticks out a ton (about as far as stock). It doesn't stick out as far on the CRFs, but it still sticks out a good bit...and that leaves it vunerable to branches, manzanita bushes, and other singletrack trail debris. I payed about $180 for a new one off ebay and I'm happy w/ it so far but if I were paying full pop for an exhaust I'd be inclined to get something that tucked in better behind the side number plate. I know the FMF powercore 4 and MRD mufflers do just that.

E2

Nice looks, sound and performance. (after about 35 hrs of jetting)

35 hrs of jetting? i got mine the first time. left side air box cut and top, 165 main with red needle at the 4th position, Fuel screw at 1 1/4. Runs Mint with no decibel pop and made the Wb e2 sound even better!

I've tried a repacked stock "R" can and works good. I'm currently using a Pro Circuit 496 w/sparky and it is quieter, yet more mid-top punch. 👍

35 hrs of jetting? i got mine the first time. left side air box cut and top, 165 main with red needle at the 4th position, Fuel screw at 1 1/4. Runs Mint with no decibel pop and made the Wb e2 sound even better!

Took me awhile to get rid of the dreaded bog- and I am anal.

Almost wore out my OEM tire in the process.

FMF Powercore is an excellent choice! DR. D would be a good call as well. Nice power and sound from both.

I bought a brand new Jardine slip on for $100 shipped on ebay, works a hell of a lot better than the stock pipe.

MRD ProComp. www.mrd-racing.com

Ditto! 👍

A little loud for some... SO, order the Spark Arrestor insert and quiet it down.

Great pipe, great slip-on, great work, size, and support.

... and I came from an FMF 4.1 Ti header and can, that worked great... until, I bent'er up a bit. (PIC1 PIC2 PIC3) :worthy:

I love the sound of my FMF Q4, it is deep, and nothing needs to be any louder. The extra power over stock is there too.