Sign in to follow this  

Mx Boots & Riding A Dr

I was wondering how many of you ride with MX boots and have trouble with the stock shifter? I can't find the right position for the shift lever and my boot. And be able to be happy. I was wondering if there are any after market shift levers that are more suited to the MX boot rather than the street type shifter.

ANy help?

Well....it ain't just me then! I got a pair of Thor something or others, I've had for about 5 years. Worked gret on the quad, but there are so many reinforcements, and plastic pieces, I can't bend my foot.

Guess I'm gonna leave them in the closet, and were something with some ankle support, but comfortable, and usable. Afterall, I ain't racing, wll be doing very limitted single track, and mostly FS roads.

Besides, ever try shopping, via the web, for some WIDE, as in EEE motocross boots? Give it a try sometime.

i have a pair of oneal elements and all i did was move my shifter up a few notches. i've heard that taking the rubber off the shifter may give you a little more room too...

i have a pair of oneal elements and all i did was move my shifter up a few notches. i've heard that taking the rubber off the shifter may give you a little more room too...

This is what I did too. Works fine with my stiff Fox boots. I also ride a lot on the road, so have some roadracing boots too. You just have to experiment a little with the shifter position...also, sorta just takes some getting used to.

For a while I searched for a longer shift lever but came up with nothing... fotunately in the mean time I just learned how to make the stock one work. I think I'm up 1 click from the stock setting and with Tech 8's I no longer have any problems shifing standing or sitting. At 2 clicks up, I was having to shift back instead of up.

I think the main thing with MX boots, especially new ones, is that you need to shift more with your leg than just your ankle. Break in the boots, keep riding them, and you'll eventually forget about ever having any problems before.

I have some AXO boots and they are still pretty new. I will try removing the rubber and only moving 1 click up on the shifter. I just have been getting tired of using the side of my boot to shift. I thought maybe I was in this one alone. Thanks guys!