Sign in to follow this  

motorcycle usa reviews (RANT)

Humm,

Like I stated in many posts, I am noob dirt rider. WRR is my first 'dirt' bike. I just found videos/written reviews of motorcycle usa.com on 2009 KLX250 DS as well as a comparison review between xt250 and the CRF230L. I have already seen the WR250X/R review from them as well.

I wish they would do review of the WRR just like they did on the other 3 bikes. The course they ran through (at least the footages I saw) gives a far better indication of what the bikes can do especially the rock section for the KLX. Heck, they put the CRF and the XT through much tougher course as far as I can see compare to the WRR course and for DS part, they ran both through city streets and gave impressions. Compare to the CRF/XT review, the WRR review is just fluff IMHO. If I was just at the beginning of my search, and have just saw all three videos, I would place WRR last on my list. I think just with the videos, even the XT/CRF rank before WRR in my eyes.

I know there are strong WRR defenders as well as very strong dirt riders here. I have never ridden any other in the reviews. I do own a WRR and like it very much. I am old enough to know that I will never gain the skills nor have the chance to ride the rock section or the dirt track like they did on the CRF/XT/KLX just wish I can see that at least the bike has the ability to do it in stock form :worthy: and I can dream about it in my sleep 👍

Tell me...is that too much to ask?

You're never too old to learn! I think it's more fun to practise and learn those skills yourself then worry why some second-rate online mag doesn't do it for you!

Everyone was a noob at one time. You're not dead yet - get out and ride. Take an off-road class to save your body some of the hard-knock lessons.

If I was just at the beginning of my search, and have just saw all three videos, I would place WRR last on my list. I think just with the videos, even the XT/CRF rank before WRR in my eyes.

Right up until you go into the dealer and see the bikes in person, then after a test ride there is little to be left in doubt of the WRR's superiority.

I put very little stock in most subjective product reviews.

Just watch one of the japanese videos of the WRR on a MX track then. Both the original yamaha promo one and the normal rider guy out there whooping some buttocks.

Maybe Steveakus will get some kick butt video done one of these days as I thought he was a video guy.

Everyone was a noob at one time. You're not dead yet - get out and ride.

I like this line... lol 👍

Everyone was a noob at one time. You're not dead yet - get out and ride.

I like this line... lol :excuseme:

Me too. I made it my sig, and now I have finally taken the time to do a search for the author so I can properly attribute it. Longview, let me know if you mind.

/dh

I don't mind at all - I'm flattered. And I can save you the search - I made it up as I was typing. You can search around though, just in case it was used previously by someone somewhere.

Cheers

And I can save you the search - I made it up as I was typing. You can search around though, just in case it was used previously by someone somewhere.

Cheers

What I meant was, I searched in this forum, to find which one of us wrote it here.

Sig updated, thanks!

You're never too old to learn! I think it's more fun to practise and learn those skills yourself then worry why some second-rate online mag doesn't do it for you!

Everyone was a noob at one time. You're not dead yet - get out and ride. Take an off-road class to save your body some of the hard-knock lessons.

I agree with this. As long as you enjoy yourself that's all that matters. I think it's a waste of time worrying about what other people are doing anyway.