Sign in to follow this  

Rear Foot Peg Review!!!

My dad and I both own an XR650R and we both wanted rear foot pegs (for the ladies or to haul one of us off the trail :worthy: ) Well he bought the Bajadesign rear pegs and those aren't the greatest they sit up too high for the passenger and they just don't seem comfortable. Now I just order a pair of these Rear Pegs form Four Stroke Works. They look nice and the owner seemed like a legit dude over the phone. So these pegs will be put to the test over Labor Day weekend. So hopefully I'll have good news for every one 👍 .

Derek

I will be curious to see how that works out... I have heard over and over again that the lightweight alumininum 650R rear subframe can't support the weight of a passenger (or can't for an extended time.)

Interesting that you mention the subframe being too weak to hold a passenger.. I was looking at how its mounted and it doesnt seem like it would be all that stable.. However, I took a gal for a long ride on my buddies XR not too long ago.. We had no issues.. Im about 155 with boots full of water, she maybe 130-135 ish..

OP, I look forward to your footpeg review as Im needing a set asap and obviously would like something that is comfy for the ladies

OP, I look forward to your footpeg review as Im needing a set asap and obviously would like something that is comfy for the ladies

If it's ladies (plural) you will DEFINITELY need to strengthen the subframe. Never had two chicks at the same time on the bike before. Or, if your lady looks like this, then you will need the support.

FatChickOnMotorcycle1.jpg

Look at his wrist, He has that thing pinned wide open. I bet he is still walking it with his legs.👍

You do realize Mike, DENN10 might not be happy you posted a pic of him riding shotgun on his own scooter .

:worthy:

BWaa ha ha! You are meaaan! Methinks the mod must censor thyself. 👍

Nah, this goes way back before I was a mod.

Nothing but good hearted ribbing.👍

I figured as much, just giving you a hard time. I read the "Sticky" thread about Pigfest and figured you guys rode a bit together. Speaking of pigfest, it's somewhere in northern CA at end of October, right? Wish I could join you guys up there. I suppose I could ride there... it would be about 25 hours seat time on the XRL just to get there, though. ouch.:worthy:

Man, you all need to come to CO one of these years if you haven't been. It's a high-altitude XR playground.

I figured as much, just giving you a hard time. I read the "Sticky" thread about Pigfest and figured you guys rode a bit together. Speaking of pigfest, it's somewhere in northern CA at end of October, right? Wish I could join you guys up there. I suppose I could ride there... it would be about 25 hours seat time on the XRL just to get there, though. ouch.:worthy:

Man, you all need to come to CO one of these years if you haven't been. It's a high-altitude XR playground.

No telling about pigfest this year, I can't go due to a new job and no one seems to be putting anything together. Next April or May I'm hoping to get out for another one though.

If I ever get a chance, I'll look you up.👍

No telling about pigfest this year, I can't go due to a new job and no one seems to be putting anything together. Next April or May I'm hoping to get out for another one though.

If I ever get a chance, I'll look you up.👍

is there anything posted about last year's pigfest? I am in Northern/Central California

Hey everyone I just received the Four Stroke Works rear pegs today and upon opening the box I found a really nice set of pegs. I talked to the owner of Four Stroke Works before I bought them and he is a really nice guy. He has really fast shipping too which makes me really happy.

Back to the pegs... Cosmetically they look nice but Baja Designs Pegs look cooler (just my opinion) but the Baja Design pegs weigh more. I wish the aluminum piece behind the foot peg itself had rounded edges but that's an easy fix for my grinder. All the hardware comes with it along with step-be-step instructions. I have high hope for these pegs so after Labor Day weekend I'll post the official review with a lot of pictures to boot. Stay tuned...

Derek

👍

P.S.

Here are some pictures of the Four Stroke Works foot pegs. (the peg on the left is the "left peg" and the one on the right is the "right peg").

100_3899.jpg

100_3898.jpg

100_3897.jpg

100_3896.jpg

Thanks Martinfan30! I did do a search but came up empty handed.

looks like you guys had way too much fun!

It was a real blast! I think the best part is putting faces to gay online names.

I look forward to the next one for sure! Hopefully I'll have brother and sister pigs coming.

Derek,

Can you post a picture of the footpeg mounted on the right side? I have a picture of the left. Thanks, Tony

Oh Oh Oh, Tony now I see what you wanted. I got your pm without getting to the 600/650 forum. I will have a picture of everything from installation to ride pictures on either Monday or Tuesday after Labor Day. Sorry about the wait everyone. My dad and I keep our bike at our cottage instead of the homestead to save on gas (so we can be cool and drive the mini-van to the north country instead of the 12 mile to the gallon Dodge Ram). So definitely Tuesday I will have everything written up and posted 👍 .

P.S.

Tony,

Sorry about sending you tons of pictures of the right peg, and none of the pictures were what you wanted :busted:.

Derek

:worthy: