New springs and valves

my left fork just started leaking, I stuck a card in there and got all the dirt out but every time I compress the fork there is still a thin layer of oil on the shaft so I think its time for some new seals. Ive been looking at suspension companies, which one is the best and what is the average price to have them dial in my suspension with new springs and valves?

You might try and ask around your local track/riding spot. If someone has a particular shops logo on their suspension, ask the person what they think of it and how much it cost. Then narrow your choices down to a few reputable names and do some calling around. Ask for pricing and have them describe what you get for that price. If they say something like, "don't worry man, we'll hook you up - just send it in!"......you might want to call elsewhere.

But, be honest about your ablility and what kind of ride you're looking for when talking to the sales guy/tech. Bottom line is "communicate" - don't be afraid to ask questions, especially if they start talking about stuff that doesn't seem to make sense. You're looking to invest a lot of money on your suspension. It'll be worth every penny if you communicate well with the shop you choose.

?

Yup, for sure! If it's set up correctly for you, it'll feel like a completely different bike. AND - you'll feel more comfortable, confident and SAFE, as long as it's done right. In other words: choose carefully who you let do the work!

Good luck!

You might try and ask around your local track/riding spot. If someone has a particular shops logo on their suspension, ask the person what they think of it and how much it cost. Then narrow your choices down to a few reputable names and do some calling around. Ask for pricing and have them describe what you get for that price. If they say something like, "don't worry man, we'll hook you up - just send it in!"......you might want to call elsewhere.

But, be honest about your ablility and what kind of ride you're looking for when talking to the sales guy/tech. Bottom line is "communicate" - don't be afraid to ask questions, especially if they start talking about stuff that doesn't seem to make sense. You're looking to invest a lot of money on your suspension. It'll be worth every penny if you communicate well with the shop you choose.

?

well said, rks1!!!:worthy:

adam