Sign in to follow this  

Oil Coming Out Vent Tube Just Sitting There

Hey I have another problem now, my bike is just sitting in the garage and oil is coming out of the damn vent tube. I wipe it up and then the next day I walk by and theres a little stream like 2 inches long of oil that just comes out none stop.

There is a thread in here somewhere on this subject. My bike did that for a short time and then went away. Nothing to worry about. If I remember right it was from laying the bike over at one time and it is just residual oil left over and slowly leaching out. Some one however may have a better explanation.

Make sure you didn't overfill with too much oil. Also, are you sure it is coming out of the vent hose? I thought the same thing but found out my oil drain plug had a very slow leak. I replaced the aluminum washer and problem fixed.

My 06 model was spitting oil out the breather when running and it leaked abit out when sitting....it was a dirty oil screen i just cleaned it and problem was gone

My 06 model was spitting oil out the breather when running and it leaked abit out when sitting....it was a dirty oil screen i just cleaned it and problem was gone
mine when tipped over, dumped a little bit last time (i filled it just a tad above glass window) now i dumped the bike on a very steep climb, it was almost upside down for 2 minutes, all the oil was gone, i mean every last drop off it.had to push the f*ckin thing for a mile through hills and forest to get my buddy to bring the truck by!! im wondering wheres the oil screen? (ive replaced oil filter if thats it?)

im wondering wheres the oil screen? (ive replaced oil filter if thats it?)
A few good threads on that here.

In summary: Clean left side of engine. Lay bike on right side (end of handle bar and right foot peg will be fine). Left cover over off (ensure no dowels fall in the engine and preserve gasket). Pump cover off (ensure no dowels fall in and ensure pump shaft does not lift out, preserve gasket). Remove and clean screen. Re-assemble and torque bolts to specs and no more.

Should be a piece of cake. Should be. Checked mine about about 20 (bit of silicone, gasket material and some metal swarf) and 70hrs (nuthin), and I've no plan to look at it again for long time.

Hey I have another problem now, my bike is just sitting in the garage and oil is coming out of the damn vent tube. I wipe it up and then the next day I walk by and theres a little stream like 2 inches long of oil that just comes out none stop.
Why not take the breather off and clean it 100%. Also remove the little inspection cap below the breather on the left side and clean in there. Then monitor the situation.

You could extend the breather and run it up a bit higher and down to about the same height. I did that just for wet conditions and never have any problems in this dept.

As mentioned, don't overfill. Drain it all, and put in the proper amount of oil. Forget the site glass when filling. I only use the site glass during pre-ride checks, and if the engine is off, I must lean the bike to the right before I see oil. All normal. If the bike is running I don't even remember what I see there.

If it keeps weeping oil, then something has to be wrong. Search more. Good luck.