Sign in to follow this  

where to get a cylinder

where can i get one for a 88-92 yz80 cant find one on ebay and i cant spend a rediculous amount of money on one , is there anywhere to get a used one besides ebay.

I assume that you have the old cylinder? Instead of trying to find one on fleabay that might be junk, why don't you get the one repaired that you already have (again, assuming that you still have it...) There are plenty of companies that repair (millennium technologies....my favorite) or put in new cylinder sleeves (la sleeve. A machine shop or your dealership should be able to install the sleeve for you). Good luck! 👍

where can i get one for a 88-92 yz80 cant find one on ebay and i cant spend a rediculous amount of money on one , is there anywhere to get a used one besides ebay.

I'm having the same probem as you are. The ones I found new are $550.00+ and there is NO way I'm going to pay that much. You would think that there would be a bunch if em' out there for a 92 ( 88-92 will work ) used but I think they are all used up! If you happen to run across an extra one let me know and I'll do the same.👍

may i suggest getting a new bike, those things can only take so much abuse

A man has to do something with his spare time. I have an 06 CRF450X for me and soon I'm getting an '09 CRF450R as soon as they come in. We have in our family the following ....

08 CRF250R

07 CRF250R

07 KLX110 W/ Stroker and big bore

07 250 Mongoose

03 CR85R0

07 Extreme Quad

85 ATC 70

83 GS1100 W/1166 kit 1150 head ( Mine )

83 GS1100 W/1325 kit and turbocharged ( Mine )

71 CL450

the little 92 YZ I'm putting together for one of my kids that will be moving up from the KLX. It was given to me for nothing but I got about $400.00 in it so far.

I enjoy building and working on 'em too (-:

so do you have the old cylinder? whats wrong with it just grooved? if so re nikasil with a new top end kit from ebay and you should be good to go.

had my cylinder done here. really fast and cheap. amazing work

http://www.lukesracing.com/

Cylinder was past the last bore ( 50 mm ) so a re-sleeve and a bore would have been in order. I have two that I got of Ebay and they are both on the second bore. One I'll leave stock and the other one is going to get ported (-:

I may send the used up one to Luke's and get it sleeved.

Jeff Gordon:

You caught my attention with that 71 CL450. I had a 1968 model from 69-70. I had to sell to buy a home. You interested in selling it ? Is it in good shape ?