Sign in to follow this  

Selling the KTM, getting a KLX

Well, heres my story. I've had many many dirtbikes. When i rode competitivly and very fast with my friends, i had a 2002 KTM 300 EXC. I sold it about 3 weeks ago. Picked up a 2006 KTM 250SXF a few days later thinking it would be a good putt putt bike to follow the family on. Wrong. The 300 likes to putt putt more than the SXF. So now i'm turning to the KLX 300. I don't need to go fast or compete. I just want a slow trail bike that has enough torque to climb anything. (Ill be putting a trials tire on it), putting on a 13t front sprocket.

So if anyone around the TN area is interested in trading. PM me.

Might consider a Yamaha WR250 R.

Its EFI, and with a front sprocket change to a 12 tooth

(stock is 13tooth) then you should have plenty of

low end. I ride the WRR model, and I spend most all of

my time riding with my 11 year old twin boys on the

trail. The bike comes street legal off the floor, but

I have geared down, and changed the tires to straight

off road, as well as remove all turn signals, mirrors etc.

It really is a great trails bike, with just some basic

simple changes. Mainly gearing and tires.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the tip. I just need a good ole trail bike.

The KLX fits the bill. The suspension and power won't be up to what you're used to, but if that's OK with you, it's a great bike. I have both a WR and KLX, and the WR definately likes to be reved more than the KLX. The KLX is great for technical trails and putting with the family.

The KLX fits the bill. The suspension and power won't be up to what you're used to, but if that's OK with you, it's a great bike. I have both a WR and KLX, and the WR definately likes to be reved more than the KLX. The KLX is great for technical trails and putting with the family.

Just what i'm looking for. I don't need the extra nice suspension or extra power. Just a good putt putt bike that can be rode on super tight single track with lots of big hills.

I plan on getting a klx and adding some bark busters, drop a tooth on the front sprocket, and get a trials tire and ride it till the wheels fall off :worthy: . I may get the fsw header in the future, and who knows, maybe a pumper carb 👍

I believe i have found someone who wants to trade. It already has the dynojet kit and FMF silencer on it. Ill be taking a small lose on the trade, but i just want trail bike.