Sign in to follow this  

info for shortblock

ok this guy brout me this 2002 crf450r to do a valve job and a tuneup.

well the noise that he thaught was the valves was more of a grinding inside the entire engine. when i drained the oil it was the grayest oil i ever saw. the guy sayes hes changed the oil but not the oil filter. so basicly the entire internal of the engine is worn out now and i was wondering where i could find a shortblock? and about what it should cost?

thanks in advance for any help.

i don't know of any shortblock companys sounds like you shoud be looking 4 a longblock anyway price whole engine @ honda i'm curious too

Which oil was gray? Motor or tranny side?

If it's the tranny side it's probably just from the clutch plates wearing. Maybe he had a bunch of water in the oil.

I assume you posted this AFTER you confirmed that the oil filter was full of metal shavings?

So since you're saying "the entire internal of the engine is worn out" you've already split the cases and inspected it. What did the crank bearings look like? How about the counter balancer? What were the measurments on the rod play? What did the wear look like in the cylinder and piston? How do the tranny gears look?

Which oil was gray? Motor or tranny side?

If it's the tranny side it's probably just from the clutch plates wearing. Maybe he had a bunch of water in the oil.

I assume you posted this AFTER you confirmed that the oil filter was full of metal shavings?

So since you're saying "the entire internal of the engine is worn out" you've already split the cases and inspected it. What did the crank bearings look like? How about the counter balancer? What were the measurments on the rod play? What did the wear look like in the cylinder and piston? How do the tranny gears look?

ok the engine and the tranny take the same oil. and judging by the sound its making the gears arent meshing properly so to tear it apart and look at it would just be a wast of time and money...

what would be a reasonable price for a short or a long block and which would have benifits over the other?

ok the engine and the tranny take the same oil. and judging by the sound its making the gears arent meshing properly so to tear it apart and look at it would just be a wast of time and money...

what would be a reasonable price for a short or a long block and which would have benifits over the other?

You shouldn't be touching anyone's motor since you don't know that very basic thing