Sign in to follow this  

I Need Tires?

Well the time has come for new tires, my Bridgestone dueller A/T revos are looking more like racing slicks. I do alot of snow and ice driving in the winter time, I need a tire that will hold its own in deep, and well packed snow. I also need a load range E tire, as I do a bit of towing, and tires seem to last longer when rated as an E. Tires also need to handle off-road conditions as I do tend to enter the bush in search for firewood The tires on my shortlist are the BFG A/T, and the Toyo open country M/T. The truck is a 1998 Dodge 3/4T 24V Cummins 4x4. Any thoughts or tire suggestions? Thanks:thumbsup:

Another vote for BFG A/T's. This is all I buy. They last a long time and work great in the snow and almost any other condition except mud. They also have a 3 ply sidewall while most others have 2 ply.

the M-55's are also on my short list, however the local retailer says they give a stiff rough ride. I don't know

Any tire with a load range E is gonna be stiff. That is the price you pay in order to carry the load. Although I recomended the BFG, I have heard good things about Toyo too. Find a good shop and go with the tire that you can get a better deal on.

i'll reccomend BFG's too, cause that's what i have, they work GRRRRRRReat in the snow too, i only had one road sliding issue, and that was in one of our great ice storms

Continental if your lookin for good truck tires. Still look brand new after 12000 miles on an F-450.

I just installed my second set of Toyo MT's and they are a great performing tire in all aspects except for wear - I had to replace them at 26k miles - too soon in my opinion but it's partially due to the way I drive the truck (04 Dodge 2500 4x4 long bed)

I have national kommando's on my 95 f150 two wheel drive, and ive never had a problem in the snow, keep in mind im in no where near the conditions your in, but ive been in some somewhat deep stuff for a two wheel drive (LONG BED SINGLE CAB, i.e. no weight in the back) and have gotten out fine.

knock on wood cause now that i said that this winter might suck....👍