Sign in to follow this  

Got a new truck

If you didnt already know I bought a 93 isuzu pickup for 850 bucks and on the way home the lower rad hose blew up and I overheated and blew the head. (just my luck huh?) Its been sitting in my driveway for the last few weeks. I could not afford the 800 or so dollares to fix the head so I sold it saturday for 700 bucks and went and picked this up today:

1998 Isuzu Hombre (chevy s-10)

SANY0362.jpg

SANY0361.jpg

I got it for get this, 800 bones:eek:

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! Bag it....throw some wheels and some sweet graphics on it and you are in there!

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! Bag it....throw some wheels and some sweet graphics on it and you are in there!

HAHA maybe My first purchase will be a new AC compressor. Its hot outside:eek:

Can you believe it? 800 bucks I find some good deals haha

just gotta cruise CL all day. next time you will pay attention to your temp guage, i woulda helped ya do it, wouldnt have taken more than a day and $100. congrats on the fake s-10:thumbsup:

just gotta cruise CL all day. next time you will pay attention to your temp guage, i woulda helped ya do it, wouldnt have taken more than a day and $100. congrats on the fake s-10:thumbsup:

Thanks man Thats just a tough job and would feel bad pushing it on someone. But I held out and got a better truck:excuseme: Just one thing though, when you start it first you have to push the pedal all the way down to get it to run without dying and then after a minute or so it idles fine:confused:

ANother question, Sean can you spot weld?

Thanks man Thats just a tough job and would feel bad pushing it on someone. But I held out and got a better truck:excuseme: Just one thing though, when you start it first you have to push the pedal all the way down to get it to run without dying and then after a minute or so it idles fine:confused:

ANother question, Sean can you spot weld?

yes but i dont have a spot welder 👍

sound like fuel filter is plugged, or injectors going bad, can also be a temp sensor is off, or map/maf sensor, i forgot what s-10's use. is it throwing a check engine light at all?

Spot weld? You can creatively spot weld with a Mig welder. What do you need welded?

yes but i dont have a spot welder 👍

sound like fuel filter is plugged, or injectors going bad, can also be a temp sensor is off, or map/maf sensor, i forgot what s-10's use. is it throwing a check engine light at all?

He took out the old dash and has other guages in. Temp sensor is good. Think it may be Iac valve or knock sensor:confused:

yea forgot it can be IAC too, have you tried cleaning it. if its the knock sensor, you can confirm w/ a timing light

Good Deal Tood. If you need help with the AC comp change let me know I have everything to do it. (Gauges, Vacuum pump etc)

I would go with a weak fuelpump or plugged filter. GM's are notorious for Fuel pump problems and hard starting.

Todd get that pushrod out and have someone weld it. I can do it but so can anyone with a welder. If you can't find anyone closer to you get it to me and I'll whip it up right quick.

Todd get that pushrod out and have someone weld it. I can do it but so can anyone with a welder. If you can't find anyone closer to you get it to me and I'll whip it up right quick.

Cant take it out. I might just bring the whole bike haha. im sure there is someone a little closer haha

If I get my tig set up this weekend I could do it for you. My mig is down right now It needs a new regulator and liner.

Tig would be the way to go with it having to stay in the motor. It allows for better heat penetration on small welds.