Sign in to follow this  

SX Privateer Murdered

Pretty sure most people know that Juarez, Mexico has been really really bad this year with close to 800 murders.. YES 800.

SX Privateer Rene Reyes was at a race in mexico this past weekend and decided to stay with friends and a gang broke in the home and killed everyone inside 👍

Supercross rider Rene Reyes, who participated in the 2008 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Series and was one of Mexico's top riders, was murdered yesterday in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. Rene, a privateer rider in the AMA Supercross class who wore #601, participated in a race in Mexico on Sunday, then decided to stay in Cd. Juarez with friends afterwards. Apparently, a gang broke into the house they were staying and killed everyone inside. According to his friend and fellow racer Pedro Gonzalez, Reyes left behind his wife, who is carrying their first child. He was 24 years old.

wow, thats sad.

Godspeed Rene Reyes

I've been looking for a number for my bike, and i believe #601 may be my choice in honor of him.

Usually when I see deaths, I feel sorry, say my prayers and move on, but this one really hit me for some reason.... RIP

RIP

the baja 1k this year will be interesting in the upcoming few years. If more incidents like this keep happening, I could see it being canceled.

I really don't think the 1000 will get canceled. Juarez is far worse than Baja.

Why so many murders?

yes baja will be interesting, id be bummed if they cancled the races in mexico

shoot let us carry weapons over the boarder

I know part of the problem is that the US and Mexican governments combined to take down the kingpin druglord/politician/whatever that was "maintaining the peace" in Baja...now there's a whole sh'load of para-military drug 'families' having territorial pissings throughout mexico because WE the USA won't stop using drugs

Why so many murders?

yes baja will be interesting, id be bummed if they cancled the races in mexico

shoot let us carry weapons over the boarder

There has been on going drug wars between the Mexican Police, the Cartel, and the Mexican Military. It is getting really bad. I live in El Paso, Tx. Which is the border town to Juarez. So we know about it pretty much right when it happens.

Example of how bad it is......... About a month ago a mexican man WALKS IN TO THE POLICE HEADQUARTERS with an AK47.. SHOOTS THE CHIEF AND WALKS BACK OUT They have no leads!!

There has been on going drug wars between the Mexican Police, the Cartel, and the Mexican Military. It is getting really bad. I live in El Paso, Tx. Which is the border town to Juarez. So we know about it pretty much right when it happens.

Example of how bad it is......... About a month ago a mexican man WALKS IN TO THE POLICE HEADQUARTERS with an AK47.. SHOOTS THE CHIEF AND WALKS BACK OUT They have no leads!!

The Mexican chief of Juarez or the American chief of El Paso?