Sign in to follow this  

Done deal, picking up 09 Saturday

Cant wait to get it. My best friend has decided to get into dirt biking and will be buying my 04 so not only do I get a new bike but someone to ride with. I'll keep you updated and post pics.

Cant wait to get it. My best friend has decided to get into dirt biking and will be buying my 04 so not only do I get a new bike but someone to ride with. I'll keep you updated and post pics.

unless his engine seizes while your riding and while your driving back, there is that awkward silence... oh wait, its a yamaha, sorry...

riding buddies are the best. I went on a big trip every weekend when my best friend still lived in Cali

congrats.

What color, the white with the black rims looks amazing:worthy: Your a lucky man no matter what color it is:thumbsup:

You will love the new bike. I love everything about my 09! What color are you getting? I ended up getting the white, it looked too good to pass up!

You will love the new bike. I love everything about my 09! What color are you getting? I ended up getting the white, it looked too good to pass up!

Did you own a yz250F before or had any seat time on one (06 and up) before riding your 09? If so, how do they compare in your opinion? Also, did you get a chance to see the blue one in person before you decided to go white?

And congrats to the guy who is picking up his 09 on Saturday, if i was buying a 250F now, it would definitely be the yamaha. 👍

I got the white just for the black rims pretty much. I'll stick with it for a while but probably will end up switching to blue in time. I have a 04 I bought brand new back in the day so I cant wait to see how it compares even though I know its going to be apple and oranges with all the changes that have been made. My only problem is what kind of pre print backgrounds to get since I plan on changing colors eventually. Might just have to either buy a set for each color or just hold off til I get the blue stuff. Either way its a good problem to have!

Not the best pic but Ill get more later. Rode a couple hours yesterday and Im pretty impressed with the bike. The harder you push this bike the better it works in my opinion. It holds a straight line exellent and the suspension works great underneath you. As for the motor I need to transfer my fuel screw and quick shot 2 over to make some minor adjustments then this bike will rip. With those 2 things installed and eventually an exhaust I cant wait to see how well this bike performs because Im pretty damn happy with it stock. Feel free to ask anymore questions.

l_3072813700c32d775a3067635b563833.jpg

Not the best pic but Ill get more later. Rode a couple hours yesterday and Im pretty impressed with the bike. The harder you push this bike the better it works in my opinion. It holds a straight line exellent and the suspension works great underneath you. As for the motor I need to transfer my fuel screw and quick shot 2 over to make some minor adjustments then this bike will rip. With those 2 things installed and eventually an exhaust I cant wait to see how well this bike performs because Im pretty damn happy with it stock. Feel free to ask anymore questions.

Where does the motor feel strongest at?

Let me get my jetting set but as it is now I couldnt really give you a straight answer on that, feels good all around. Much better in the low to mid then my 04 and same strong pull on top that yamaha is famous for. Once you get to 4th and specially 5th its pulls like crazy from mid to top.

Did you own a yz250F before or had any seat time on one (06 and up) before riding your 09? If so, how do they compare in your opinion? Also, did you get a chance to see the blue one in person before you decided to go white?

And congrats to the guy who is picking up his 09 on Saturday, if i was buying a 250F now, it would definitely be the yamaha. 👍

Check my garage...so yes. I have an 06 YZ250F that is going to be my practice bike. The 09 is much better almost everywhere. The suspension is valved for faster riders which is awesome, the motor pulls much harder down low and harder everywhere else. It handles precise, but I am still having front end issues with the 09 but I have not had time to mess with sag and fork height settings nor clickers.

My 04 is setup for me, I have not even touched a clicker on the 09 and it feels great. What are your front end issues?

bike looks great im with you on the blue though they should offer both bikes with black rims. im going to get the white and ask the dealer if he will throw the blue on and keep the white. but of course thats going to be around the new year.. so i guess im stuck with my 06 till then.

My 04 is setup for me, I have not even touched a clicker on the 09 and it feels great. What are your front end issues?

The front end is wanting to tuck on my in soft sandy corners. But like I said, I just need to adjust some settings and I am confident that will go away.

Low 7's after everything and 6% MD tax. I havent gotten to ride any soft stuff yet. When I started messing with my 04's suspension I talked to Factory Connection and they suggested some clicker settings and I actually liked what they had suggested so I might try that again for the hell of it.

Damn low 7'S?! I paid a bit over 6k OTD with 6% tax. for my white one.

The front tire has a wider base so it wants to float in the soft stuff, so that might be causing some issue, but I think its more of a set-up issue. I have been in Texas the past week so I havent been able to ride my bike anymore and mess wth settings.

you obviously know someone

Damn low 7'S?! I paid a bit over 6k OTD with 6% tax. for my white one.

The front tire has a wider base so it wants to float in the soft stuff, so that might be causing some issue, but I think its more of a set-up issue. I have been in Texas the past week so I havent been able to ride my bike anymore and mess wth settings.

you obviously know someone

no, i obviously don't. Anyone can walk into this dealer and get that price...infact I had never bought anything from them before.

no, i obviously don't. Anyone can walk into this dealer and get that price...infact I had never bought anything from them before.

You got a brand new model... that won't take much effort for them to sell... for MSRP out the door!

and you don't have the hook ups!!

man, you must be a good negotiator or something. congrats