Sign in to follow this  

Just bought a DRZ400S 09 today...

Can't find any rad guard that says it will fit the 09... can anybody confirm it will fit? Same thing for skid plate and covers... Thanks!

All years of S are the basically the same with the exception of pre 2002 models not having "E" model suspension and some updates to the auto cam chain tensioner. Even on the new '09 I would replace the spring loaded chain stretching auto job with the manual one. Lots of threads on that subject on the board.

You are cleared to start the modfest. 👍

Perfect! Thanks for the tip! The dealer is getting it ready today... can't wait!!!

congrats!!!! I'm gonna assume its the exact same bike as a 08. I just bought a new 07 because it was $300 cheaper than the 08 and I was told the only difference was the graphics.

Run Far Far away from this site RIGHT NOW. If you don't your wallet will be sorry........ Its a great bike and welcome to the club

Congrats!..............These guys aren't joking, keep a

strong hold on your wallet!!LOL

Regards Sonny

hey just getting back to you on your horsepower questions. first common mods are, 3x3 airbox mod, a full pipe (trc ti yoshi, it costs a lot but it's by far the best and will pay off down the road), fcr39 carb helps a lot its the biggest thing, e model cams are a cheap swap, e base gasket is a cheap swap. with all that in mind your going to be around 43ish HP. stock is 35

General 50HP setup

hotcams $270

39fcrmx $550

trc pipe $700

3x3 $free if you get the FCR with correct jetting

94mm bigbore around $500

General 60 hp setup

big valve head with RHC hardware $800

RHC 187 cams $580

94mm big bore $500

+5mm stroker crank $290

41mm fcrmx $575

trc pipe $700

Thanks guys! I'm on my way to the dealer. Will have some pictures shortly... :worthy: I will probably wait until the warranty expires before I mod it but I have printed Mr. Metalhead201's reply and I have put it in a safe place! 👍

I will probably wait until the warranty expires before I mod it

Famous last words ...

👍

Congrats, I was at a local dealer today and they had a white 09 on the floor. I'm just not sure about the new graphics but it's still a sweet bike.