NAPA Air filter and Oil Filter info...part #'s

For those that didn't follow the oil filter thread about the NAPA oil filter for the DRZ including both oil rings, I included this info.

The NAPA air filter is number PS4242....It is a packaged

"No Toil" air filter, just like the one that comes in the "No Toil" bag. It should only run you about 11.50 Plus tax.

I'm not sure how many stores will stock it, but some of the bigger stores should. So if your out and find yourself

needing a new filter on a Saturday or Sunday when the shops are all closed, you can give them a try. Just thought I'd pass it along with the oil filter info.

The oil filter is number PS7931 and is manufactured

for WIX. The oil filter includes both the Inner and outer

O-Ring, so you don't need to go to the dealer or other source for the O-Rings.

Regards Sonny

• Like 4

What's the air filter look like? Paper or foam? O-rings included with the oil filter is a nice deal. My local place never has the O-rings. Good prices too.

The air filter is Foam and is labled "No Toil". I forgot to post the pics in this thread, so here it is........

Regards Sonny

141_4173.jpg

It figures! I just went to the stealer today and got two filters, Paid $17 for both.

The ones at Napa "COMES WITH O-RINGS"! What a novel idea! I now know where I will be getting future filters!

NoToil filters ($13.29 at Napa) are supposed to be waterproof also. But, when you clean them, you should only use the NoToil cleaners/ect. Saw a promo video on them once.

Don't quote me, but I think the NAPA oil filters are in

the 5ish range. I don't work the counter, and I get

my stuff cheap, so I'm only guessing, but from what

I pay, I'd say they are less then 6.00 with the 0-rings.

Regards Sonny

• Like 1

Napa online says $5.99 for the oil filter.

Yeah, generally though, unlike other stores, NAPA

in store prices are generally a little lower then the

website. I think the website says 13.99 or something

for the air filter, but it rings up something like 10.99.

Some things may be higher, but generally they are

a little cheaper in the store.

Regards Sonny

• Like 1

$15?????that's way out of line.what a shame.you know you can get the oem oil filter through TT OEM Store or cheapcycleparts.com for like i think..$4.11 or something like that.even my local dealer charges less,and i get a 10% customer discount for buying 2 bikes there and they charge me $9.95:rolleyes: ?

I don't know what is up with some of these dealerships.

I'm not sure whether they realize that there is an "Internet" and we can just order parts elsewhere, or if they just don't really care?

The parts guys that used to be at the shop I go to would hook me up on my parts. They'd always give me a break when they could. When I had my TLR I would buy my oil filters 2 at a time, along with 2 crush washers. These were spin on filters so I imagine they cost more, but I never paid more then abou t 12-13 dollars for 2. That's high enough, but I like supporting the local shop.

After the parts guys left, and new guys started I was back out to make my filter purchase. I ordered my usual 2 and 2 crush washers. The order came to over 20.00!!!!!

Guess what, I havn't bought anything from them since.

I'm not going to get raped by these prices, local shop or not.

They wonder why their parts bussiness is down? It has to be an absolute emergency for me to buy anything from them. I do have to go out there today to buy one short body cover bolt and recessed washer that I accidentally kicked down a crack in the garage floor they other night.

It will probably cost me about 6 bucks for the bolt and washer, even though they show up at about 2 bucks if

ordered!!!!!

Regards Sonny

It's just because they havn't updated their entry in

the computer. All he has to do is put PS4242 in the

product area.....then PFI in the line code..........and

then click ADD when it asks for it. He can then see

who has it the closest to him and get it sent.

It didn't show up on our computer either untill

I did what I just described. It's even in the napaonline.com website. The number will always

be the same, it's PS4242.

Regards Sonny