Sign in to follow this  

Acerbis bulb problem

I am running the Acerbis CE/DHH headlight with the moose voltage regulator. I have had the 12v/4w running light burn out on me a few times now. This is on a 2000 XR200R and it is primarily a commutor bike (everyday to work and back) occasionaly I get to recreate with the machine. Does anyone have this setup and have the same problem, is this even a problem or just normal?

i don't it's normal that your bulb is burn't that often.

try with a higher watt value

do you have a taillight? mine would do the same until i added a taillight. apparantly the regulator does not always stay at 12v, it allows some spiking that would pop bulbs. adding a taillight absorbed a little more voltage.

Yes, I have an Acerbis LED taillight/brakelight. I think it needs adjusting cause the brake light only comes on when the brake pedal is super duper fully pressed down, and commuting I would like it to come on when I give it a little bit of brake so the idiot drivers don't slam into me!

The culprit was the ground wire got smushed when the handlebars were at full lock and was not grounding. I cut out the bad wire and used heatshrinkable crimping connectors to mend the ground wire with new wire. It was quite easy, I am proud of myself, I was not confident I could fix the wiring. 👍