Sign in to follow this  

Please tell me am I nuts???

I have been riding bikes (and quads:bonk: ) for 12 years and always preferred bikes by far! I have a Honda 4x4 and a Kawi brute and enjoy taking them out for a spin every ounce and a while and try my hardest not to be a quadtard (aka not being drunk, wearing protective gear, respecting other people and riders especially the ones on bikes) I have just recently picked up a new 450 KTM and for some god for saken reason I now want to sell my Honda and get and LTR 450 (quad) to rip around the logging trails with and Im feeling slightly guilty and like a trader to my bikes and myself but I cant help it I just kinda want one pretty bad. Especially for the winter when everything is so wet that you can hardly have any fun on a bike your falling down so much (ok maybe a little fun:ride: 👍 ) I know this may seam kinda weird but is there any one else whos like this OR am I just a trader, a loser, and half quadtared, and should get the hell of thumpertalk???

• Like 1

Quads are fun every once and a while. Especially if you get a cheap one to beat on. We got a 1988 warrior in just about brand new condition, new douglas rims and nice tires for half days work with the excavator which is equal to about 40 bucks worth of fuel. I already sent the chain through the case round tracking through a turn in 4th gear. JB weld and its fixed. 40 bucks, whatever happens to it happens. Obviously general maintanence is always done, but its put to the test

Your not a quadtard. Especially if you can plow with it, or do firewood. As long as you feel regretful for leaving your bike home as you are ripping around on your quad i think your fine

I have been riding bikes (and quads:bonk: ) for 12 years and always preferred bikes by far! I have a Honda 4x4 and a Kawi brute and enjoy taking them out for a spin every ounce and a while and try my hardest not to be a quadtard (aka not being drunk, wearing protective gear, respecting other people and riders especially the ones on bikes) I have just recently picked up a new 450 KTM and for some god for saken reason I now want to sell my Honda and get and LTR 450 (quad) to rip around the logging trails with and Im feeling slightly guilty and like a trader to my bikes and myself but I cant help it I just kinda want one pretty bad. Especially for the winter when everything is so wet that you can hardly have any fun on a bike your falling down so much (ok maybe a little fun:ride: 👍 ) I know this may seam kinda weird but is there any one else whos like this OR am I just a trader, a loser, and half quadtared, and should get the hell of thumpertalk???
all of the above, but its ok, there's help out there, admiting is the first step, try to be fair to all your machines they'll understand:crazy: :worthy: stick w/ thumpertalk there are 190,000 others w/ similar probems, and they talk about it as a group:thumbsup:

Its fine man you can only ride your bike for so long till the dreaded winter comes, and you could have the ltr to go and tool around on when say your air filter is drying, or bike is in for maintence,etc.Its fine man we all can be a little quadtarded, in a way. But when you do go out on the quad just do as you would do on your bike, have fun and tread lightly.:worthy:

Yeah I always would feel a little guilty it's just my buddy is also getting one so I figured I might as well get one plus I already have to KTMs so I dont really need another bike other wise I would do that instead. Nobama!!!!

Its fine man you can only ride your bike for so long till the dreaded winter comesQUOTE]

OOOOOOPS. I didn't notice you were from cali. 👍

Yeah come to Nor cali 80 inches of rain a year it's fricken rain forest and that plus all the dirt and clay in the good riding areas equals many pairs of handle bars, grips, levers, fenders get expensive. It's worse then you think especially up here on the mountains.

Yeah come to Nor cali 80 inches of rain a year it's fricken rain forest and that plus all the dirt and clay in the good riding areas equals many pairs of handle bars, grips, levers, fenders get expensive. It's worse then you think especially up here on the mountains.

Yeah, clay takes a beating on fenders and any part of your bike that touches it when you go down. No wonder why you bought two KTMs, plastic wouldn't show the stains as much. Rain whats that, it hasnt rained here in PA for like a month now, we seem to just get like streaks of it not on and off.

Makes it fun for power sliding quads and such but I dont like to risk huge damage to my bikes from losing it unpredictable terrain trying to stick a big sweeper at 40 mph but I cant resist so I do it anyway.👍

Sell the other 4s and get a can-am outlander or renagade 800 efi. 4x4 and ridiculously fast.

Hard to feel sorry for ya....here in the NWet, middle of August, it rained all day, and the high was 59. We either ride in the rainforest, or we don't ride this side of the mountains. Its a learned delicacy. Keep it up, you'll get better. I only broke one lever all last winter...getting the bike outta the truck.

I know what you mean about Washington I would never live there. Today was actually are first rain since may so our summers are pretty good but in the winter I ride like it's summer and with my luck your usually sending your bike sliding in the mud toward the nearest cliff or nearest hard object that set on mauling your poor bike I guess that means that I need to calm down.

haha like how i plowed into my jump on my quad today and almost flipped it...i need to sell that thing!

DO IT! haha 👍

ive owned both bike and quad and i love them both but since my best buds ride quads i mite as well be on one as well

u live in cali so i take it u mite do alot of desert riding? check out the outlaw 525's, there pretty sik

DO IT! haha :blah:

ive owned both bike and quad and i love them both but since my best buds ride quads i mite as well be on one as well

u live in cali so i take it u mite do alot of desert riding? check out the outlaw 525's, there pretty sik

Take note that not all cali is desert

:worthy:http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t336/cr250rman/l_221c24c0663ebd6a3525299488d963f8.jpg :busted:👍