Sign in to follow this  

Questions about installing TT Kit FCR 39MX not in FAQ

Out of the box the following are installed, correct?

- 200 Main Air Jet

- 160 Main Jet

- 45 Pilot Jet

- 100 Pliot Air Jet

- EMR Needle

(I'm running a Muzzy full pipe at sea level so jet sizes should be good to go except for the needle.)

The EMN needle supplied with the kit needs to be installed, third clip, correct?

On the factory FCR-MX Exploded View pdf (downloaded from the Keihin website http://www.keihin-us.com/am/_media/pdf/fcrmx_parts.pdf ) it is actually called a "jet needle" (number 23 in the drawing, pt. # N427-0Cxxx.)

How do you ID the jet needle type? (EMN vs EMR vs EMP)

I also ordered the Keihin extended fuel mixture screw. Again on the exploded view it is called the "pilot screw" (number 32 in the drawing, pt. # N446-26A00.)

Use the stock pilot screw washer, o ring and spring, correct?

This is located on the base of the carb, facing the engine?

Is Keihin the only source for optional jets?

Do you have to pull the carb to do jet changes?

Does the choke latch like the stock carb? On the bench the button doesn't seem to do anything except spring back?

Just run the vent tubes down the back of the carb?

Installing the FCR and Muzzy is my weekend project and just want to have everything covered before I start. TIA

Questions, questions, questions....

Needle may be EMR or EMS, varies from time to time. Read the needle, it is marked on the side of the needle near the top. Third clip fromt the top/flat, correct.

You are correct regarding the fuel screw.

Kehein jets are best. Dyno jet makes them too but the sizes and numbers are not the same. Stay with the Kehein. Carb Parts Warehouse is the best source. Many bikes use the same FCR so jets might be stocked at your local dealer. If the parts guys has half a brain, he should be able to locate most any jet.

No, the carb does not have to be pulled. Main and pilot can ge accessed from the cap on the bottom (Motopn Pro 90 degree tool is ideal for this), the needle through the top. Ball end allen wrenches make it easier.

Choke should stay out when fully pulled.

Correct on the vent tubes. Some run each of the upper ones up under the tank, important of you do water crossings.

You must remove the 100 pilot air jet from the carb bell area. Nothing goes in its' place.

For rejetting on the road ,I will recommend the jettingtool in tt-shop.

This can also be used for adjusting fuel mix screw(If the extended are not installed).

Installing/fitting the carb could be a bit of a challenge the first times,but follow the adwises in fcr faq ,and it will go in

Out of the box the following are installed, correct?

- 200 Main Air Jet

- 160 Main Jet

- 45 Pilot Jet

- 100 Pliot Air Jet

- EMR Needle

(I'm running a Muzzy full pipe at sea level so jet sizes should be good to go except for the needle.)

The EMN needle supplied with the kit needs to be installed, third clip, correct?

On the factory FCR-MX Exploded View pdf (downloaded from the Keihin website http://www.keihin-us.com/am/_media/pdf/fcrmx_parts.pdf ) it is actually called a "jet needle" (number 23 in the drawing, pt. # N427-0Cxxx.)

How do you ID the jet needle type? (EMN vs EMR vs EMP)

I also ordered the Keihin extended fuel mixture screw. Again on the exploded view it is called the "pilot screw" (number 32 in the drawing, pt. # N446-26A00.)

Use the stock pilot screw washer, o ring and spring, correct?

This is located on the base of the carb, facing the engine?

Is Keihin the only source for optional jets?

Do you have to pull the carb to do jet changes?

Does the choke latch like the stock carb? On the bench the button doesn't seem to do anything except spring back?

Just run the vent tubes down the back of the carb?

Installing the FCR and Muzzy is my weekend project and just want to have everything covered before I start. TIA

did you look at all the pictures and all 4 pages of the write up?

By the way ....

I've had my carb for about 2 weeks, and it has been out and in some times allready,so I'm getting the grip of it. But.. I've never loosened subframe,moved engine-mounts or other stuff. Last time it went off ,it took maybe 5 minutes to get it off and 10 to get it back in ,where assebling the wires(Throttle) took most of the time...

did you look at all the pictures and all 4 pages of the write up?

Install info on the needle really isn't covered anywhere. Choke works as noted, just didn't pull it out far enough. 👍 I know a lot of the changes are really straight forward but from a newbie point of view you need some reference points which is why I got the exploded view. However with some of the subtle jet commonly used name changes for different jets vs. what is on the engineering doc thing can get a little confusing. Like to do the job once the first time, so that is why the questions before I start.

Couple more if you don't mind...

Why the different jet needle types (EMN vs EMR vs EMP) ? Different taper profiles or ?

Also just to confirm I do need to install the TT kit supplied EMN needle for the sea level, open pipe configuration?

Sudco, the supplier of the FCR-MX prejets it as they feel fit, hence the ER or EMP needle. Eddie has determined for 99% of the riders, the EMN needle is the way to go, and therefore it is included with the kit. The needle length and tapers are the same, the final letter referrs to the needle straight diameter (on the top portion) and it controls the mixture from just off of idle to 1/4 throttle.

You are correct to use the EMN on the 3rd clip (from the top/flat). With an open pipe and the 3X3, use a 160 main.