Sign in to follow this  

XR650Ls ARE HARD TO FIND?

I am finding it difficult to finding XR650Ls for sale. Is this usually the case? I do want a fairly recent model year but even older ones seem hard to find. I hjave looked on many websites with pretty much the same results on each.

I just want to know if this is usual and if I want one in good shape etc. I am probably going to have to buy new?👍

You will probably need to wait tell the 09 models come out to get a new XR650L

I bought the last one in Oregon and it had to be imported from California.

Good Luck:thumbsup: I think I saw one on Craigslist the other day. I found it, here's a link

http://portland.craigslist.org/grg/mcy/798170482.html

And Another

http://portland.craigslist.org/nco/mcy/799484716.html

One more

http://bend.craigslist.org/mcy/744860841.html

The high oil prices have "fueled" the high demand for motorcycles this year. Lots of people bought/are buying them for the fuel economy, although a bigbore thumper isn't exactly a gas sipper in most situations. There are numerous $2000 used economy cars out there that give it a run for its money...with A/C, heat, and stereos. A 250L, on the other hand, will save some gas. That is, if you can keep the speed below 60.

Just keep looking and be willing to drive out of your local area, possibly a considerable distance. That is usually the case for me; I seldom have to drive less than 50-70mi to look at things for sale.

The high oil prices have "fueled" the high demand for motorcycles this year. Lots of people bought/are buying them for the fuel economy, although a bigbore thumper isn't exactly a gas sipper in most situations. There are numerous $2000 used economy cars out there that give it a run for its money...with A/C, heat, and stereos. A 250L, on the other hand, will save some gas. That is, if you can keep the speed below 60.

Just keep looking and be willing to drive out of your local area, possibly a considerable distance. That is usually the case for me; I seldom have to drive less than 50-70mi to look at things for sale.

My dad's Prius gets better MPG than my L pig.

Check this site out. I found my L on that site and was fortunate enough to only have to drive about 15 miles for it.

Just keep on searching, somewhere someone is (most likely) unwillingly putting their L up for sale.

Good luck! 👍

👍

Your L is a lot cooler than your Dad's Prius.

:worthy:

That may be, but the L is at least 75% cheaper on the front end and that prius has got to get a heck of lot more MPG to make up that difference. And I bet that Prius doesn't do so well on the trails:lol:

👍

Your L is a lot cooler than your Dad's Prius.

:worthy:

Just a hair!

That may be, but the L is at least 75% cheaper on the front end and that prius has got to get a heck of lot more MPG to make up that difference. And I bet that Prius doesn't do so well on the trails:lol:

True, so overall operating cost's make up for it.

No problem Newpoint_2 I am always down to help people find a new way to have more fun, than the day before. Hope one of these bikes work for you. They seem to be in great condition. Good luck!👍 Let me know if one ends up working out for you.

Chris

my son got the last xr650l in SC and I got the last one in GA.. Jonson city Tenn. had two about 20 days ago... Yamaha of Troy OH. had 1... Good luck.. There was another dealer in memlsa ??? Oh that had two at the best price we could find but.. a long drive from SC..

what does your 'L' get. my bike got 60mpg breaking it in on the road, but I can get 22mpg out of a 06 silverado when others only can get 17. I drove 50mph 👍 getting passed by semi's

what does your 'L' get. my bike got 60mpg breaking it in on the road, but I can get 22mpg out of a 06 silverado when others only can get 17. I drove 50mph :worthy: getting passed by semi's

I got 43.5 MPG on my first fillup on my new to me 07 XRL with 850 miles on it. I imagine it would do better if I could have kept out of the throttle but what fun is that? 👍

I got 43.5 MPG on my first fillup on my new to me 07 XRL with 850 miles on it. I imagine it would do better if I could have kept out of the throttle but what fun is that? 👍

oh, I just kept even throttle and "accidentally" wandered into a cross walk popped a curb, wacked the throttle, and wheelied back onto the street.

I'm not into too much of a hurry though, don't need to get pulled over speeding down the street

what does your 'L' get. my bike got 60mpg breaking it in on the road, but I can get 22mpg out of a 06 silverado when others only can get 17. I drove 50mph 👍 getting passed by semi's

I get around 45. 35 if I ride the pig hard.

Buy a DR650, it's a better bike.

55 mpg with it and it's a bit faster than the L.