Sign in to follow this  

which suspension fluid and why

what is every one using and why, i have used belray fork oil because it was the only one available and have started using maxima racing fork oil now. is there some better choices out there?? i use torco ultra light shock oil. just so you know, i live in northern Canada so finding some things is a little more difficult than others.

Mobil 1 transmission fluid is probably available near you. It's darn good hydraulic fluid.

davejs oil is the best IMO as it does something no other oil does.

davejs oil is the best IMO as it does something no other oil does.

If your looking for purely an oem style replacement, with no real performance change, I really think the amsoil fluids are great.

Cheap, work well, and from what I have experienced, seem resistant to break down and wear.

If your looking for a gain...dave's oil has been shown to improve performance, and my buddy running it seems to like it.

the only problem that i have with daves oil is the distance away from me that it is, other than that i would probably like to try it.

the only problem that i have with daves oil is the distance away from me that it is, other than that i would probably like to try it.

I am in Ontario, Canada, and Dave had no trouble getting the oil to me in a timely fashion...and shipping was reasonable, too.

Adam

what is every one using and why, i have used belray fork oil because it was the only one available and have started using maxima racing fork oil now. is there some better choices out there?? i use torco ultra light shock oil. just so you know, i live in northern Canada so finding some things is a little more difficult than others.

I've used Belray quite a bit over the last 2 years but I've found that it didn't last long. I had to change oil every 30 hours. Tried Maxima also but sold that bike before I could give it a long term evaluation. It felt lighter than the Belray of the same weight(5W). In the past I've used Spectro and was always happy with it.

Right now my forks have DaveJ's oil in them and are on theire way home. Granted, they also have the New "Big Mac" Phase 4 system installed in them, but even without that if I was going to change just oil, I would try Dave's secret sauce. Just too many good reports to ignore.