Sign in to follow this  

2 Stroke 125..

I'm a big boy, and coming up from 50's.. again 👍 I'm looking for a 125 2 smoke, but I don't know what brand to get. A buddy of mine has a cr 125 I love it, but I would need to do the suspension all up.. And suggestions?

I was looking at a KTM. A KTM with black rims and the orange plastics IMO is the nastiest color sceem. My buddy had a ktm 50 (I know much different), but it always bottomed out, do the ktm big bikes bottom out?

nope they dont but the rear is a little rough but a revalve will fix it should look at the yz 125's to 05's and up with alum frames solid machines and they rip the ktm and yz is way better machine the the cr in engine and suspension department you wont be disapointed with either yz or ktm 👍

Save some bucks. Get a YZ125 and do the suspension up for you. Much cheaper than a KTM and equally as good. Bankroll the savings or buy some expensive gear and hot graphics.

Save some bucks. Get a YZ125 and do the suspension up for you. Much cheaper than a KTM and equally as good. Bankroll the savings or buy some expensive gear and hot graphics.

a 150sx is pretty much a 250f. a 125 is just a 125.

a 150sx is pretty much a 250f. a 125 is just a 125.

The OP never said he was racing or trying to beat a 250F.

Oh, sorry. I forget what threads are about:bonk:

Oh, sorry. I forget what threads are about:bonk:

are yah two yami guys gonna fight over this thread? 👍

...make that three (3), i might as well join in haha!!!! :worthy:

i'd say get a YZ250F :blah::busted:

The breeze said this over on the Yamaha site:

You vs You, no

You vs Other people, depends on skill.

So, if it's you vs. you on a YZ125 how would a 150SX make such a difference particularly coming off of a 50cc bike??👍

Actually, I looked at the price of two brand new 2008 bikes. A yz125 and a KTM144. The two MSRP's were the same.:busted:

Like I said, go with the 150SX.👍:worthy:

If you are a big boy like you say you are then the chances are you are going to have to get your suspension resprung no matter what you buy. I am in the same boat you are with my YZ125, it's just not sprung for my weight. You really can't go wrong with any of the 05 and newer 125's, Obviously I prefer the yamaha but won't criticze the brands. IMO though the KTM is a awesome bike, just be prepared for a little more and expensive maintenance