Sign in to follow this  

The extraction BTW what were they thinking here

What a pain in the ass!!! I think the helicopter route would have been easier and would have saved some friendships.

BTW....we never heard back from that one Cali rider that used the helicopter to exract his te-450. I still wonder how that worked out.

What a pain in the ass!!! I think the helicopter route would have been easier and would have saved some friendships.

BTW....we never heard back from that one Cali rider that used the helicopter to exract his te-450. I still wonder how that worked out.

If this wasn't a bonding exercise I don't know what would be. They managed to get the bikes out even if they were all hot and tired this is something that they'll always remember and will get to laugh about later.

The helicoter route is real expensive at right around $3K.

Oh man that doesn't look like fun at all! 👍 Thanks for sharing the story.

Look on the bright side, you are all now qualified to ride Erzberg! 👍

All I can say is, I'm glad I don't live near you guys because you would have had a TE-450 to pull out of there also.

That seems similar to a situation that happened a while back here in San Diego. Those guys almost didn't make it out though. Not enough water, hot weather, etc. Similar in that they made it down into the canyon, but weren't able to find a way back up. Too steep, no traction, etc. Ultimately, they did get helicoptered out.