Sign in to follow this  

xr400 headlight...what are you using?

i have a electronix (or something like that) dual sport kit on my CA plated 04 XR400. it one of those 2 small light deals. i really dont like it and am not impressed with the lack of light while night riding. what are you guys using that works well. the bike already has the plate on it so i'm gonna scrap the turn signals and all the extra DS crap. open to anything from a baja race light to the new stock headlight from Honda...any sugestions.

we have just received sponsorship for this years baja 1000 from vision x

i will be running 2 12 inch led light bars one above the other. that should be enough to fry the cactii at night

www.visionxusa.com

thanks to everyone at visionx for supporting our team this year!!

cheers

a

I have heard you can run a stator from a 400ex. Is this true? Has anyone tried it? What is required? I too would like to get a little more lighting power out of my XR400. thanks

i have the bd tecate light with a bd rewound stator. the stator puts out over 200 watts which also runs my cyclops helmet light. i have soloed 3 -24hour events with this same setup now and it has never blinked.

You will need to have your stator rewound to get any decent lighting out of it. I did, and am using the Baja Designs headlamp with a PIAA super plasma bulb, and it is pretty good now.