Sign in to follow this  

Ear popping. Driving me nuts

Over the last couple of weeks there has been a "thumping" in my ear. It's not equal to my heart beat so it's not related to my pulse. I don't have a history of sinus trouble, ear infections or anything else except "falloffbikebreakboneitus." I haven't even had a fever or sickness in 20 years. The best way to describe what I'm experiencing is, it's like someone is thumping the inside of my ear like morse code, except slower. If it doesn't quit I feel like I'm going to dump gasoline on my head and set it on fire! 👍 Anyone else deal with something like this?

Yes, I've had it. It was like a sporadic tapping and, in my case, could have been caused by a muscle twitching in my ear as a result of some kind of irritation. Your inner ear is open to your throat and could be irritated by some sort of 'ingress'. Probably a good place to start your investigations.

My ear thumped (muscle twitch) like that for around a month after some dental work and novacaine on the same side. It was bugging me pretty good too. Called the dentist office about it 2-3 weeks after the initial work. They couldn't get me in right away unless it was an emergency, so I made an appointment. The ear stopped twitching before the appointment came up.

The dentist office had never heard of anything like I described. Chalk it up to nerve irritation I guess.

Yes, I've had it. It was like a sporadic tapping and, in my case, could have been caused by a muscle twitching in my ear as a result of some kind of irritation. Your inner ear is open to your throat and could be irritated by some sort of 'ingress'. Probably a good place to start your investigations.

Now that you mention it, the other day my left pectoral muscle was twitching too, all night long. That was even more irritating than the ear. This kind of makes me think about something neurological. As much as I hate to, I think I'll make an appt.