Sign in to follow this  

Newbie here: more stoopid questions :)

Hi everyone!

That's my first post here so please don't beat me (too hard :worthy:).

I am about to buy my first DRZ (I do own a GSX-R1000 K5, GSX-R400 1989 and am still playing with my son's Aprilia RX50 👍).

And here are the questions:

1. The bike I will be looking at this weekend is bog-stock K7 "S" and only 1800 km from new. Is it possible to do any serious damage to a DRZ in such a short time? What should I be looking for (any signs etc.)?

2. I am 1m76 tall and about 80 kg - will I be comfortable on a DRZ offroad? Am little bit worried the ZED might be a bit tall for me.

3. I am planning to use the DRZ for commuting to/from work (25 km return, heavy traffic jams almost the whole distance) and for trail/mountains riding up to 200km-300km from home. Often with a passenger/luggage. Is the DRZ400S the right choice for this sort of applications?

Looking forward for your input!!

Cheers!

It's a pretty solid bike,so it should be ok after just 1800km.

Mine has just passed 2000km ,and even as hard I've beed riding,the only thing to notice is a bit sag/slack in the chain(Haven't adjusted it yet.

I'm 184/85kg ,and the bike fits me perfect,and I think it will nor be any problem for you either.

I use the bike for commuting to my office ,heavy traffic, and it's superb!!

Also having a B-King ,but the DRZ is my choise in the city and traffic as it's very light and easy to manuover in between standing cars.

Offroad is just great.....

Good luck:applause:

2. I am 1m76 tall and about 80 kg - will I be comfortable on a DRZ offroad? Am little bit worried the ZED might be a bit tall for me.

3. I am planning to use the DRZ for commuting to/from work (25 km return, heavy traffic jams almost the whole distance)

2. I'm 175, and 60kgs, and the DRZ is no problem for me.

3. I commute 29kms each way, bumper to bumper most of the way, and it handles awesome. Can't imagine a better commuter. And sometimes have the wife on the back, no worries...

DRZ400SM

Thank you very much for the information guys!!!

Looks like the DRZ is what I'm looking for.

I'll be going to see the bike I mentioned during the oncoming weekend. If I'll like it I will buy it and the will let you know.

To get a feel on how it's been maintained ask the current owner if he's checked the valves? oil changes? cleaned frame oil screen? etc....

Unless the current owner has just flogged the bike, which is usually kinda obviuos, I would bet it's in good shape and will have many miles of fun still in the tank.....

Hi everyone,

Well, I am reporting the result of today's inspection of the K7 DRZ:

The bike was indeed dropped, and the owner never told me about this fact over the phone, so it was an unpleasant surprize for me.

I have still test-ridden the bike and fell in love with it alomst immediately.

So I decided not to rush with my final decision, to go home and re-think everything calmly.

On my way home I decided to pop down to a local dealer.

To cut it short, I have pre-paid the K9 DRZ400S, the white one :worthy:

So in three weeks time I wil become a full-on member of DRZ family.

Am already planning for some mods 👍